Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awhile back, there had been a thread by someone trying to improve performance via changing a computer chip or re-programming the computer [smec], and, someone provided a link or other contact info to somebody who does that by providing a new/used computer set to O.E.M. specs for them to run while they work on the original one. Can't seem to locate that particular thread. Anybody else remember it or able to provide the info for the subject? I'd like to check them out for possible work on mine.

G

·
What year are you working with. I know that there are no upgrades for the 88 Smec
there is a jet chip available for 89 and up. it is a piggy back set up

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
' 92 Canyon Sport, 5.2L. Not really trying to upgrade per se. Problem is that for about a year, ever since I got it back from the collision shop from an accident I had in December ' 02, my fuel mileage has been down considerably [2.5 to 3 mpg or more]. I' ve pretty much thrown everything but the kitchen sink at it and have discussed it at length with my shop mechanic. About the only thing we have left to hang our hat on is that, in the course of the accident, the smec took enough of a jolt to screw up some codes [even though I hit the opposite side from where it's mounted], or, the body shop, in the course of repair, fried something. All I'm looking for at this point is to see if someone can hook it up and see if infact there is something wrong in the codes that are causing it to run very rich, which it definitely is, according to friends and co-workers who have been around it while it's running.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts