Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I’ve got a 30 over LA 360 that was on the propane and propane accessories. I drove the truck it came out of and by no means was it a slug. Compression test show just about 190psi a hole. What does this translate into as a ratio? 10:1 or? Also thoughts on the Holley sniper EFI system?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
7,130 Posts
You can't truly relate static compression and dynamic compression. Camshaft profile plays a significant role also. I would imagine that your engine could be around the 10.5:1 But who really knows. An example of the math is as follows: (it's much easier to attach a link than type it all out. Cheers!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compression_ratio

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
but all that said 190 is up there ....

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
TODAY , but 190 was sorta common years ago ....

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
last time i tested my 81 it was in the 170-180 range and i am pretty sure it is stock. i can't really say much about the holley setup but i got the fitech setup and i don't think it likes the cold weather at all. almost wishing i had just stuck with carb. simpler and at least the truck started all the time. i can't even use the remote start i installed with the fitech in the cold because the fitech won't start easily in the cold.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank for the info guys. Yooos the bestest!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.