Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a 16 year old flat broke kid, end of story.
I like 90% of other teenagers with a truck want a lift thats cheap but extreamly durable.

I read the "How To" on the shackle flip And want to know that just to get 4" what will have to be modified, made, replaced, etc and about as step by step of instructions as possible.

I'm just now starting to fall in love with mopar but I need some help I can access most anything but I'm definatly no spoiled punk with a loaded wallet matter o fact I'm the exact opposite so lend me a hand and help extend the love for mopar!

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
http://ramchargercentral.com/rcclift.shtml

that link will take u to what has to be made, and u read the how to, and u dont get much more step by step than that. welcome to the world of mopars and this site, and the best thing i can tell u is jump in and get dirty, when u hit a snag, ask about it and we'll work u through it.

Duane

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Just so you know, when you're 30 with 3 kids, your financial situation hasn't gotten any better, especially when 2 of those 3 are still in diapers. Wrap that rascal!!!

Welcome to the site

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man I read it before but had some trouble figuring out just how I'm going to make the brackets. On the "How To" It covered the rear pretty well but not the front and said something about "pinion adjustment" & I'm clueless I guess I better go out and get a 88 r/c 4 dummies book (or factory) I did find a how to for 6" on the front but really don't want to do the full 6" cause I know 4" won't force me to change anything. Ideas?

On a different subject today I chunked a broke driver seat and afro-engineered a old passenger seat to work I'm saving up for a set of tires and paying 850+ wasn't gonna cut it. I did good by taking lots of pictures and notes so I could post it as a how to but I'm not sure they'd want it considering how
nigg-rigged it is what do you think? :-\

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
ok if ouy have read the how to for the shackle flip oyu are about 90% of the way there, if oyu dont think you can make or have made the brackets there is an easier way to do it.

you can always go to a junkyard and cut the front hangers off of the rear springs and use these for the flip brackets.

as far as the front goes, you need to make some longer shackles, if going more than 2 inches longer (not reccomended) then you will need ot weld a brace in the middle of them, as for relocating the front hanger, i welded in a 2x4x6 piece of 1/2 inch wall steel tubing and remounted my hanger to it.

my new rear shackles for the front springs are 2" x 7.5" x 7/16",

hope these pics help a bit

eric

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
There are ways to get a relatively inexpensive lift but you'll still have to invest money into the truck to do it right.

Along with a lift (be it suspension or body lift) you'll still need to address steering corrections, brake lines, shocks (Susp lift) or make fan shroud mods (body lift) These are the hidden costs of truck mods.

The shackle flip has the potential to give you the lift you want, but you'll have to do something else to increase lift for the front suspension as the shackles for the front are already flipped.

You can gain 2 inches of suspension lift cheap with Add-a-Leaves, and you may not need to do much more other than perhaps install longer shocks. You can gain the other two inches of lift with a body lift, again you may not need to do many mods for a short lift.

Ed

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
teenonabudget said:
.........nigg-rigged ..... :-\ afro-engineered........
Word of advice young bro, if you use phrases like that one time too many, you may find a harder time getting much needed advice. At least from me.
My spare change,
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts