Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When on bulletin boards such as this or moparts.com, if there is a link in a post my comp. will just go to blank white screen when I click the link. Have waited half an hour before and still won't load new window. Removed a number of old programs/files so I'm using less than half my drive space (too much used can slow comp down correct?) have DSL connection etc. If I right-click and go to properties, copy, then paste in "go" space at top then it loads no problem. This has only recently begun. What have I done wrong? ???

·
Registered
5 Posts
What Browser are you using? I have found that this site does not like Netscape 4.xxx browsers. But it does work with Netscape 6.2.2+

Don't know about Windows Exploder, since I only rarely use it.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a recent problem. Only started happening about a week ago. Could my "anti-share" program have caused me to delete something I needed?

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
i use internet explorer and have never run into this, although i would go to your security settings and try lowering them a bit and reboot and try it over, if it cures it then leave it and make sure you have a good antivirus or get yourself a good firewall. there are free firewalls on line that are very effective

jamei

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Explorer is my operating system (?). Still only able to link by
right-click and go to properties, copy, then paste in "go" space
but I must not copy the http portion of the properties to make it work. Also, nobody seems to know what my mystery window is. "Connects/disconnects" automatically with my AOL and window at lower portion of screen shows a purple "bullhorn" icon. Clicking on this makes the sound of the "window" swapping to something else but nothing actually happens. Right-click on the icon does nothing either. WTF ???

·
Premium Member
16,268 Posts
Did you put Kazaa on? We had the little bullhorn thing after my wife and a friend of her's loaded kazaa. Unfortunately, they also disabled our firewall. I ended up completely rebooting the systemfrom scratch. There were a lot of programs running "behind the scenes" that were slowing everything down. After the reboot everything is running well. That stupid bullhorn is gone, too.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dang!! You guys got to me too late. It appears Kazaa was the source of the "window". Not certain what the problem with linking was but $75.00 at the repair shop seems to have cured all my ills. Now I just have to keep the g/f son from screwing with it again! :mad: Thanks for the help though.

·
Registered
200 Posts
For the computer repair buisness I run, I would have charged you $90 to come to your home. So you got a fair deal :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts