Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 174 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,240 Posts
Ya know, I don't mind it all and some of my ex neck tie days are down with it.

A couple weeks back I took a couple weeks to do clean up over coffee. A lot of old stuff saying "this thread has been moved to" and a link that didn't work. Probably a couple thousand and last couple days figured out how to do 500 in 5 minutes. I'd like to take the same approach to moving and consolidating exist content. No doubt years of discussion that should be indexed in the FAQ sections with working links. I wish my cape would let me create sub boards because I have an idea.

Hey Kurt: here's a thing: all the existing links to specific messages in you're thread got broke may got broke during the migration. Still poking at it myself but RH.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Ya know, I don't mind it all and some of my ex neck tie days are down with it.

A couple weeks back I took a couple weeks to do clean up over coffee. A lot of old stuff saying "this thread has been moved to" and a link that didn't work. Probably a couple thousand and last couple days figured out how to do 500 in 5 minutes. I'd like to take the same approach to moving and consolidating exist content. No doubt years of discussion that should be indexed in the FAQ sections with working links. I wish my cape would let me create sub boards because I have an idea.

Hey Kurt: here's a thing: all the existing links to specific messages in you're thread got broke may got broke during the migration. Still poking at it myself but RH.
I haven't really looked closely enough on that subject.
Work has been getting in the way of my goof off time.
I'll look when I get the chance.

·
Registered
28,317 Posts
when the FRIG is this gonna STOP

·
Registered
28,317 Posts
still more

·
Registered
28,317 Posts
and more

·
Registered
448 Posts
and more

I would just say that people don't know what "help" means anymore oh wait their is a FAQ section I will ask a question without searching through the site first....

Neil

·
Registered
450 Posts
For most people FAQ = help.

There's nothing wrong with that. That's how Internet works nowadays

As long as FAQ is open for discussion they will be posting there!

Reactions: neil4224

·
Super Moderator
59,495 Posts
Is there a way to "Unread" a thread? Before, if I read a thread, and could not answer it right away, I could "Unread" it, and it would still show up when I clicked on show the unread threads.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I always try to post immediately instead of coming back later..

But now it doesn't seem to mark which threads I have already posted in, or I'm not smart enough to find that mark.

Bucky

·
Registered
28,317 Posts
For most people FAQ = help.

There's nothing wrong with that. That's how Internet works nowadays

As long as FAQ is open for discussion they will be posting there!

not bashing but what planet you on = F & Q is " frequently asked questions " how the frig does that say HELP , it says this question was asked before and here is the answer , F & Q is for dipshits to get answers so they dont ask the same question a million times = its NOT to post in " just say'in"

·
Registered
450 Posts
I get you DB and can imagine it must be frustrating when you try to keep this place in order.

Nowadays, when you're looking for answers on the Internet you go to FAQ, read(not in most cases) what's there and if you don't find what you were looking for there's a "ask new question form" or at least button to one at the bottom.
PayPal
Visa
This is how it works on most of the pages now.

People are lazy, don't want to or don't have time to look for info and simply got used to asking question DIRECTLY from the FAQ site.

It's easier to ask a question than to look for answers and you can't change millions of people's behaviour...

To be specific. ..
FAQ =frequently asked questions
F & Q = doesn't exist!

·
Registered
28,317 Posts
l hear what your say'in but the FAQ section has ALWAYS been LOCKED and only posted to when a New F&Q is/was created

besides most F&Q sections on any site does NOT have a POST button , like the two you posted above ALL they have is a SEARCH bar to narrow down your FAQ question = "you can NOT post to their F&Q " and OUR F&Q should be the same way

·
Registered
28,317 Posts
l,m at the point where l,m about ready to give up on the place , how friggin hard can it be to just LOCK a forum/section , l already know the answer

·
Registered
450 Posts
l hear what your say'in but the FAQ section has ALWAYS been LOCKED and only posted to when a New F&Q is/was created
Totally agree on that. Post and thread creation should be permanenty disabled!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Maybe they think you wanted to close only the FAQ section not the whole board?!

·
Super Moderator
1,240 Posts
had a post on this but deleted it before finishing. was just looking at FAQ and to be honest, not a lot of there. I have a thought adding stuff that are common help topics and indexing the thing better. Maybe my morning coffee project for a while.

·
Super Moderator
59,495 Posts
had a post on this but deleted it before finishing. was just looking at FAQ and to be honest, not a lot of there. I have a thought adding stuff that are common help topics and indexing the thing better. Maybe my morning coffee project for a while.
I agree, I get the feeling there is no way to lock a sub forum, with the new software. I think a single post, or several by subject, with links will be better. Like Joe did way back when, in this thread. Then we could even do away with some of the sub forums that are hardly ever used.

·
Super Moderator
1,240 Posts
I started tinkering with that last night. Didn't take long to feel like I was doing a copy / paste from a content search. Ya know, like anybody should be able to do. Other idea I've had was sub - sub - forums:

Electrical - wipers
Electrical - gauges
Electrical - turn sigs

then move a handful of quality posts from help and maybe a few other spots in to those folders.

Driveline - automatic transmission
Driveline - manual transmission
Driveline - xfer cases
Driveline - axles

if sub sub forums aren't a thing, then maybe thread title changes

·
Registered
450 Posts
it'll save Moderators plenty of work !

Reactions: VAdmin
141 - 160 of 174 Posts
Status