Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,000 Posts
I have them in my picture file on my computer and in the cloud.
I also have nothing to hide.
If they want to use them... whatever. I don't care.
Oh wait.... is that a black helicopter flying around outside? ☺
It's not about hiding anything, it's about retaining control of your own property so it is not used in a manner that you disagree with.

When Pirate went belly up with VS's policies, most of the regulars decided to leave and did not want their content to be used to promote the old site and wanted to remove it but were blocked form doing so for the most part. While I do not necessarily advocate removing content, I do support the idea that pictures and other tech that is posted by someone that was created with their time, effort and expense, should remain theirs. For this reason, I retain the ownership of all pics and do not upload. If VS or any other site owner were to decide to do something I find distasteful and would make me want to no longer be associated with one of their sites, I have the ability to remove my pics since linking does not give them a legal leg to stand on over any sort of license.

And as for things we have lost, it has been brought to my attention that we no longer have the VIN decoder?

·
Registered
28,053 Posts
so far l have solved that problem on my end with ALL my pictures and diagrams being "Marca Reg" with my name on them and the statement of " download or print diagrams as they expire in 3 days" if they tell me l cant do that then l,ll stop posting diagrams [ we all know where that will end ]

·
Registered
308 Posts
How do you delete them after 3 days? Manually?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
It took me years to finally figure out how to post pics on the old site (yes I'm lazy in that respect). So I should be safe here with this set up lol

Bucky

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
so far l have solved that problem on my end with ALL my pictures and diagrams being "Marca Reg" with my name on them and the statement of " download or print diagrams as they expire in 3 days" if they tell me l cant do that then l,ll stop posting diagrams [ we all know where that will end ]

View attachment 617224
Yeah, but aren't you stepping on Darrell Alderman and Scott Geoffrion's toes? :)

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
When Pirate went belly up with VS's policies, most of the regulars decided to leave and did not want their content to be used to promote the old site and wanted to remove it but were blocked form doing so for the most part.
This isn't one of my biggest concerns.
Again... I don't care. :giggle:

·
Super Moderator
59,411 Posts
I was more concerned with Sam selling a site that was made what it is by the membership. It took a few years, but I got over it. Nothing special about any of the pics I post, that would upset me if they were copied. I figured a long time ago, if I did not want it stolen, do not put it on the internet for the world to see.

I use Gmail for my non critical e-mail, and I know google scans everything I send or receive, including pics. They proudly claim they can track, and identify 90 some percent of the people in the world, even those not on the internet, mainly by scanning our pics, and other stuff posted on the web.

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
I was more concerned with Sam selling a site that was made what it is by the membership. It took a few years, but I got over it. Nothing special about any of the pics I post, that would upset me if they were copied. I figured a long time ago, if I did not want it stolen, do not put it on the internet for the world to see.
Yep.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
There are probably entire communities in Oklahoma that Google doesn't know exists. And vice versa

Bucky

·
Registered
28,053 Posts
Yeah, but aren't you stepping on Darrell Alderman and Scott Geoffrion's toes? :)
View attachment 617237

NOT really since l BOUGHT the domain name from Chrysler after the "dodgeboys" race team break up , so technically YOUR stepping on MY toes posting MY name dodgeboys , so watch yer step buddy LOL

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
NOT really since l BOUGHT the domain name from Chrysler after the "dodgeboys" race team break up , so technically YOUR stepping on MY toes posting MY name dodgeboys , so watch yer step buddy LOL
Good for you!

·
Registered
28,053 Posts
are they [ VAmin } ever gonna close the F&Q section to stop people from posting , l know l,m sick of it and so are the Mods that haft clean up the mess EVERY day

·
Administrator
Community Manager
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
are they [ VAmin } ever gonna close the F&Q section to stop people from posting , l know l,m sick of it and so are the Mods that haft clean up the mess EVERY day
I thought this was already resolved. I am checking with the techs again.

- Cricket

121 - 135 of 135 Posts