Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
No matter how many times I click "Never" to the Enable Push Notifications pop-up, it will not go away.

Win7/Chrome 89.0.4389.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
How To Add A Gallery

Click on the 3 vertical dots near the upper-right-hand corner of the community.

Click on “Gallery” in the drop down menu.

- Cricket
Okay. That's pretty cool.

·
Super Moderator
59,411 Posts
No matter how many times I click "Never" to the Enable Push Notifications pop-up, it will not go away.

Win7/Chrome 89.0.4389.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Ditto. Not sure what push notifications are for sure, but I tried not now, never, and ok, and it still randomly pops up.

·
Super Moderator
30,000 Posts
Is there a link to "Mark All Forums Read"?

·
Administrator
Community Manager
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Is there a link to "Mark All Forums Read"?
How To Mark Forums Read

If you want to mark a specific forum as read, navigate to that forum. At the top you will see a button to “Mark All Read.

If you want to mark all threads in the community as read, click on NEW near the upper right-hand corners of the site.

Click on Mark All Read.

You will then see a popup confirming that this is what you want to do. Click “Mark All Read”.

- Cricket

·
Registered
308 Posts
I Noticed the same bug with notifications.
Ditto. Not sure what push notifications are for sure, but I tried not now, never, and ok, and it still randomly pops up.
Did you click save at the bottom?
I noticed that disabling push notification helps

·
Registered
28,053 Posts
ding ding / we need some kind of NOTICE as to weather we have either a NEW message or a reply to a message sent to another member , on the OLD forum there was a left side bar that gave notices to all kinds of site functions , including letting you know you had "messages' that you needed to read , here there is Nothing unless you click your avatar in the upper right corner "account details" and if your old timer or a newbie you have NO clue

·
Administrator
Community Manager
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
ding ding / we need some kind of NOTICE as to weather we have either a NEW message or a reply to a message sent to another member , on the OLD forum there was a left side bar that gave notices to all kinds of site functions , including letting you know you had "messages' that you needed to read , here there is Nothing unless you click your avatar in the upper right corner "account details" and if your old timer or a newbie you have NO clue
Alerts/Notifications

A dot on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site indicates that you have alerts or new conversations (private messages). When you click on your avatar you will see a number next to Alerts and/or Conversations indicating how many new ones you have. Click on each to view them.

You can adjust your settings for alerts by selecting Account Settings and then Preferences from the left side navigation on the new page.

Scroll down to “Receive a notification when someone…” and set your preferences.

For email alerts, scroll down to Content options and adjust your settings.

Make sure to click Save at the bottom if you make any changes.

- Cricket

·
Registered
28,053 Posts
now for something completely different , we need the F & Q section LOCKED to keep members from posting , the F&Q section is for written articles to inform members and NOT for posting , content is only added/posted by Admin's and Mod's , so it either needs to be locked or remove the "start discussion" button / thanks

·
Registered
28,053 Posts
l,ve checked all my alerts and messages = how do you get RID of the little RED dot

·
Registered
308 Posts
l,ve checked all my alerts and messages = how do you get RID of the little RED dot
For messages - You have to click on every message you got to mark it as read.
For alerts - just click on alerts and that's it

·
Registered
308 Posts
I meant conversations, not messages.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
The dot automatically goes away when there is nothing left unread.

You can filter your private messages (conversations) to see if there is a leftover unread one.

- Cricket

·
Registered
28,053 Posts
now for something completely different , we need the F & Q section LOCKED to keep members from posting , the F&Q section is for written articles to inform members and NOT for posting , content is only added/posted by Admin's and Mod's , so it either needs to be locked or remove the "start discussion" button / thanks

VAdmin / we still need to address the issue above and not only LOCK it but clean out the posts that have been made / too help stop members from posting l put the post below on all the sub-boards and the main page also

·
Super Moderator
59,411 Posts
Since the forum update, all of our old conversations are now unread, we have to go through all of them again to have them shown as read.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
VAdmin / we still need to address the issue above and not only LOCK it but clean out the posts that have been made / too help stop members from posting l put the post below on all the sub-boards and the main page also

We will be resolving this very soon.

- Cricket

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
Well, after all the predictions of the death of Ramcharger Central... I would say it isn't all that bad.
Just a little work getting used to the changes.
Thanks to those who did the work... and not blowing things up.

·
Super Moderator
59,411 Posts
I agree, also loads much faster.

·
Super Moderator
30,000 Posts
I don't like it, but I like it a lot more than not having RCC at all.

After it is all said and done, how much did we lose with the changeover?

81 - 100 of 135 Posts