Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

9601 - 9620 of 9657 Posts

·
Registered
52,832 Posts
Did a tree drop job this week.  ;D
That little sucker impressed the heck out of me!

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
mopar65pa said:
Did a tree drop job this week. ;D
That little sucker impressed the heck out of me!
Not so little... Nicely done!
Any damages? :)

·
Registered
52,832 Posts
Pan_da said:
Not so little... Nicely done!
Any damages? :)
Well it's a Duetz/Allis 5220 26HP diesel 4x4 gear drive with 3 speed ranges. So it's not big, but not a lawn tractor either. It's perfect for what we will be doing with it.

One branch got hung up in another and hit the shed roof and put a hole in it. But the customer is a friend of my business partner so he was like "oh well" ;)

While he was using the tractor the power steering line blew but he fixed it. We still have the 2 3ft+ across logs to get out yet. One is going to get slabbed the other is firewood. ;D

That "little" Duetz/Allis tractor is a monster for what it is. We figured the piece we picked up in the pic was at lest 800#s and I had 400#s in the bucket to keep from doing wheelies! :p
It was well worth the money I paid for it. Next is to make some money so I can replace all the hyrdo hoses and clean it up a bit.

Reactions: mylittledodge

·
Registered
450 Posts
It sounds like great fun.
Never had a chance to work with machines like this but I definitely could use one like this as garden help.

Right now all I can do is get my lawn tractor with some chain to pull toothpicks, not trees out ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
52,832 Posts
My business partner took the one log to the "slab guy" yesterday and he said it's close to 1200K #  :eek:

·
Registered
21,910 Posts
Pan_da said:
It sounds like great fun.
Never had a chance to work with machines like this but I definitely could use one like this as garden help.

Right now all I can do is get my lawn tractor with some chain to pull toothpicks, not trees out ;)
Hey, I recognize all those plants. LOL :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
PowerWagonPete said:
Hey, I recognize all those plants. LOL :)
Name three and you're better than my wife ;)

·
Registered
13,252 Posts
red maple , maybe chinneese weeping willow , scrub pine . 

·
Registered
450 Posts
2 out of 3. NICE!
The second one is elm but you're still better than my wife  ;)
... at least in plant recognition.

·
Registered
13,252 Posts
tall ones farther out back ? look like young weepers . What type of elm ? the new resistant ones ?

·
Registered
21,910 Posts
Pan_da said:
Name three and you're better than my wife ;)
The weeping elm is Ulmus glabra 'Camperdownii'. The red-leaved birch is the Royal Frost hybrid. Looks like a few Thundercloud Plums back there... :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Those tall ones in the back are silver birches.

Grafted elm - nothing special. Makes it through the winter without any loses.

·
Registered
450 Posts
PowerWagonPete said:
The weeping elm is Ulmus glabra 'Camperdownii'. The red-leaved birch is the Royal Frost hybrid. Looks like some Thundercloud Plums back there... :)
good eye, the red-leaved birch is always hard to guess and to be honest I have no idea what's it called.
Got it from my wife :)

·
Registered
21,910 Posts
Pan_da said:
good eye, the red-leaved birch is always hard to guess and to be honest I have no idea what's it called.
Got it from my wife :)
Crimson Frost is the larger purple-leaved Silver Birch hybrid and Royal Frost is the smaller and more borer-resistant Crimson Frost x Whitespire. ;D

·
Registered
450 Posts
Definitely too much time during pandemic... ;D
Quarantine sucks...

the only bright side is that I have more time to work on my RC

·
Registered
21,910 Posts
Pan_da said:
Definitely too much time during pandemic... ;D
Quarantine sucks...

the only bright side is that I have more time to work on my RC
That and boning up on your plant knowledge, Panda. LOL Here's a seedling Gray Birch my dad and I planted back in 1970 that I had to save from a stump sprout cluster after the original succumbed to severe drought and a subsequent borer infestation... 8)

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
My plant knowledge is OK, it's translating the names to English that sucks :)

Your birch looks great. It's nice when a tree has a story to tell. It's like having a family member and seeing it grow old with you...

·
Super Moderator
59,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,620 · (Edited)
Rocky (The new addition ) 7 months left side, And Delta (16 months). They swapped sides for the second pic.

IMG_2379.jpg
IMG_2373.jpg

9601 - 9620 of 9657 Posts