Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chris the other day you suggested that I check my codes with the help of the FAQ section.  I did and I just want to make sure I'm seeing this correctly.  I got a 12 which I have had the battery out recently. I got a 37 which doesn't fit my year model(1990 318 tbi auto with overdrive) or maybe it has one which is the throttle lock/unlock solenoid driver circuit. I also got a 31 which is the evaporator purge solenoid circuit driver(whatever that is). I also got a 55 which they say that it is the end of codes.  I did this several times and to my eyes this is what I saw, I didn't know that more than one code would come up at a time so I'm just asking if this is a normal sounding code readout.  There was 27 total flashes and according to the pauses after reading in the FAQ section the above code numbers make sense. 

·
Registered
29,359 Posts
12 is normal
37 is meaningless as is the 55 end of codes

its the 31 that concerns me / l,ll hafta look at the FSM to see what it says 

·
Registered
29,359 Posts
either there or on the right fender near the hood hinge

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just getting back on computer, had people down to the ranch.  Thank y'all very much for the answers to my questions.  I found the solenoid(group of three on passenger side rocker cover) diconnected, reconnectted it and disconnected battery for a while.  The code went away.  Runs pretty darn good, still cuts out at WOT like a rev limiter is on it, anyway I'm about to clean up the tbi with a kit I picked up although it's awful hot outside here in south texas and the a/c feels so good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts