Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am close to getting a set of hedders installed in my RC. Does anyone run coated hedders, like Jet Hot or similar? Did anyone run non-coated hedders before? I would like to know if it really makes a big difference in performance and under hood temperatures as they claim. Temperature is my biggest concern. Driving in Arizona without AC really sucks and I don’t need anymore heat from engine roasting my feet.
Thanks as always,
Streak-O-Lean

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I can`t say anything about heat etc., cause mine replaced manifolds BUT IMHO DON`T spend yer hard earned $$ on Flowtech coated`es. If ya look here, http://ramchargercentral.com/boards/index.php?board=23;action=display;threadid=321 scroll down about half way and see the shiny purty ceramic coated headers. Guess what they looked like after ONE winter?...lemme just say I might as well gotten a plain old painted set. The coating is completely gone from about half way down all the way too the collectors, and the stuff up higher on the pri tubes dont look to happ either. BUT like my Dad always said, "you get what you pay for", my headers were approx $230 IIRC and a comparable set of Hedman`s, or Hooker`s go for almost TWICE as much.Not that the headers themselves are bad, i.e., they fit great, havent had any leakage issues, it`s just the darn coating stinks.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
I use jet hot on my cars, the headers are all custom made for my motors so i use it for rust prevention which it does help, however there are some chemicals that when they encounter a very hot header tube will do some funky things to jet hot coatings, none of them have seen road salt in the winter so i can't tell you if they would have a similar problem such as Chrislib, lol as for heat i still do the touch and feel and check temps on each tube to see how each cylinder is working i will tell you now you will still burn yourself, but if you don't want more heat problems running in from the floor then wrap the exhaust pipes under the truck and forget the coating, the header heat wrap tape works very well on exhaust pipe also, just make sure and use the good stuff, not that crap in every auto parts store, check summit for the stuff im talking about, also see a company called dynamatt they make some cool stuff for keeping heat out, i use that stuff to

1 - 3 of 3 Posts