Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok me again with the 86 w250 np345.. I drove it one day then it parked it for about a week or 2 and now the clutch won’t disengage, I don’t see anything missing or out of  wack  on the linkage. I just don’t understand what could
Have happened and I’m really don’t want have to change that clutch yet... any ideas

·
Registered
399 Posts
Does clutch pedal pressure feel about the same? Possible flywheel rusty and clutch disc stuck to it.
Dealing with health issues for some time,my truck has sat in garage for as long as a year between being worked on/driven and have had this happen several times. I start truck and let it run for couple minutes,shut it off,put it in reverse and hit the key to back out of garage and while still moving with no load on drivetrain,pull into neutral. Shut it off,put in 4hi,2nd gear and drive into yard behind garage. Push clutch pedal [email protected]" and goose and release gas pedal 2-3 times and clutch breaks free of flywheel and works normally. I usually drive it for 10 miles or so to get some heat in the drivetrain and everything  good indefinitely.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
sitting 2 weeks is pretty fast for a disc to stick to the flywheel , BUT if nothing else has changed , broken come apart. then it IS possible . Knowing it don't disengage , be sure you have "room" for the truck to move , warm the engine , shut it off , put it in 4th gear , depress the clutch , start the engine with 1 foot on the brake if it will crank , if not , let it move then ounce it starts step on the brake quick . The idea is to release the pressure by stepping ON the pedal , and break the stuck disc loose by being in gear , not moving ....YOU may want to remove the cover and LOOK as someone steps ON the clutch to be SURE the linkage IS working properly before you do a stuck cure .. Please be careful .. ;) 

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
yup l,d take a look first before anything

NOTE/ not that this is your problem but it did happen to me , mice built a nest INSIDE the pressure plate to were the clutch would not compress and release the disc , found it by looking

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.