Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Giving my ramcharger gas going down the road nothing let off the gas and big clunk. Then has no cost . It just nose dives and lose speed like quick. When i give it gas again. The ramcharger goes down the road fine until. I let off the gas and same thing happens again. Ramcharger also has the problem if I take off from a stop the ramcharger trying to kill its self until I get it up to 25 to 30 mpr then its just the clunk and following on its face and have to keep on the gas the whole time I drive it.

79 ramcharger 727 transmission 203 transfer case kingpin 60 front and Dana 60 5 inch lift 37inch tires axles just rebuilt 410 gears elocker up front and lunch box in back axles cross over steering with hydro assist

· Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
8,451 Posts
Are the U bolts tight? Did the shock mounts break? 😂

· Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
8,451 Posts
Transfer case?

· Registered
32,120 Posts
l,d say rear D-shaft shaft splines are shot or it's the 9 1/4 CLUNK [ some good reading material for you below ]

· Super Moderator
8,451 Posts
Yes, the nasty 9.25 clunk. Mine was really bad but it never clunked letting off the gas, only going into reverse.

Reactions: jcm3

· Registered
950 Posts
I would say something is on a bind, You are forcing some set of gears against itself which it doesn't like. Are you sure you are not in a lower gear or have the transfer in lo instead of hi? I would say if you know the rear ends are good (and you have dana 60's) you have something going else going on if it is slowing you down hard when you let off the gas. Your gear set up could have been done wrong too and you have some kind of binding going on.

Again where is the sound coming from?

Neil

1 - 12 of 12 Posts