Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know the history of this d60 except it was rebuilt in '87 by Tooele Army Rebuilders. This is what came out of one of the tubes......and yes that is a razor blade ??, it still had the cardboard wrapped around the sharp end ??

Attachments

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
{think} A razor blade in the tube?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yikes! :eek:

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
Mojack said:
Yep, weird huh. ???
{noclue} maybe it was from cleaning off the gasket.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
The tubes are normally full of garbage.  They only have a little bit of oil in the bottom while sitting and condensation rusts the upper parts of the tube and the sediment collects in the bottom.  We used to take a Steam Jenny to the housings when we rebuilt one at the dealership.

·
Vendor
11,515 Posts
I've gotten a ton of crud out of the tubes on the 2 D60s I've done. Are you going D60s in your RC?
Jim

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mopar65pa said:
{noclue} maybe it was from cleaning off the gasket.
That's what I'm thinking, but when it came out it still had the cardboard wrapped around it so somebody dropped a new one in there.
Elwenil said:
The tubes are normally full of garbage. They only have a little bit of oil in the bottom while sitting and condensation rusts the upper parts of the tube and the sediment collects in the bottom. We used to take a Steam Jenny to the housings when we rebuilt one at the dealership.
That's exactly what it looks like Lanty. It looks like all that crud would wash down and foul the carrier bearings ?
jungle said:
I've gotten a ton of crud out of the tubes on the 2 D60s I've done. Are you going D60s in your RC?
Jim
I wish, I gave up looking for a front 60 and going 44/60. It will be plenty for anything I get into. ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts