Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to clean electrical connections if you can't get to them with a needlefile such as in a plug? Any chemical recomendations?

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
go to a body shop supply and get some prepsall (sp) then just dip each connector in for a few seconds :D

·
7,995 Posts
Go to this site and type in electrical and/or contact in the search box. These cleaners are readily availble at most auto parts stores. You could also use WD-40 or dielectric grease on the terminals/connectors after you clean them.
http://www.crcindustries.com/crcweb/

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys!!!

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Electric Parts Cleaner. Looks, smells, and works exactly like Brakleen (brand of brake cleaner I use from NAPA) but leaves no residue on the contacts. Blows all that crap right out of connections, and does a pretty good job cleaning up corrosion.

Use di-electric grease on the cleaned connections to keep them in good condition for another 5 years.

-SM

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Never thought of Simple Green.. I'll have to try that sometime.. I have to agree with the radioshack TV tuner cleaner though. It's made to strip everything from contacts that are inacessable, then evaporates with no residue. Get the non-lubricated stuff though. Then schmear the connector full of bulb grease, and you'll never have corrosion again.

Matt {peace}

1 - 8 of 8 Posts