Super Moderator
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From the 78 truck brochure. fwiw: a shop near me has one that's a standard cab and has an original looking retriever decal on the front fender. Clearly the wheel lift was added later in life but how is that a bad thing.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
The dealership I worked at had a '84 W350 wrecker with the Retriever body on it.  It was adequate for the time, but a sling lift is pretty much useless for any car with a fascia and even the BR series trucks could not be towed with one without bending the bumper upward.  A wheel lift like that one was a common addition, though ours never got one.  It still uses the boom to lift the wheel lift.

I would hesitate to call a truck with that much paint damage and surface rust "clean".  It's probably about double what I would consider a good price for such an old truck that was worked it's entire life.

·
Super Moderator
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last time I saw one for sale it was like maybe $1500 on the used car lot attached to my then favorite boneyard. Rattle canned in black primer. Maybe around 98 and I did see it one time later - running down the road. I agree it's priced high - could score a late 80s Dodge gas rollback for that money - if ya pounce fast enough on the rare occasion they come up for sale.

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
Yup, I know of a big block rollback for a decent price with some wiring issues.  I just don't think I need one that bad.  ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.