Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the pics are current and it's the real deal, could be a bargain - ask is $9k.

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/d/philadelphia-1978-dodge-d150-lil-red/6851636145.html

===

Driving the truck is an awesome experience. It rides and drives like an old muscle car and those silly exhaust stacks make all the right noises. By today's standards, it's not fast…at all. But that's not really the point. You have to look at it in it's day. It was brash, loud, exciting and a glaring middle finger to the establishment. It has all of the elements of a hot rod, but it's absolutely bone stock. This is not a 100/100 point, perfect condition truck. However, it's a very fine example that has been restored with care and it shows. Take it to the local cruise in, take the kids for ice cream, drive it to work or run errands with it. It's perfect for just about any intended use.

Attachments

·
Registered
773 Posts
Wow steal in deed,  {agree}, pictures look a little fishy though, don't see to many craigslist adds with small low res pics. 

·
Super Moderator
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I generally try to assume it's ignorance first. Either tech based or in general. Hey, it's been my experience that there's a lot of stupid people out there. In the case of this one, it's probably me.

It's listed on the Philly CL, if you look up the phone number it's a land line south of Pittsburg. If you google the images, you get a flipper ad in western OH. Even copied some of the text.

http://dadsclassiccars.com/used-1978-dodge-d150-lil-red-express-for-sale-in-piqua-oh-d13bs8j512996-779709

I've seen legit for sale ads where the seller got sucked in to working with an internet consigner that tried to peddle the thing nationally for 3x the cost. In this case, I'd say generic scammer weasel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.