Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 83RC and can't seem to get the cig lighter to work other that heating up the element. BY that I mean it won't seem to run any chargers or power supplies for other items like XM radio and a air pump.

I know that the plugs are good so is there some reason that the cig lighter receptical on the truck won't work with these plugs?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
I've found that most of those aftermarket plugs are not a very good fit, you could replace the lighter socket with a new one that might be "snugger"... or just twist those plugs around until they make contact.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Very few of my accessory plugs fit properly into the Dodge lighter sockets.. The adapters seem to want a slightly deeper socket. I just added an aux. aftermarket socket to mine. But you could probably replace the OEM with the deeper socket for a stock look.

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
I just replaced my socket with an aftermarket replacement, seems to work fine on my stuff....

·
7,995 Posts
tjfreemanjr said:
I have an 83RC and can't seem to get the cig lighter to work other that heating up the element. BY that I mean it won't seem to run any chargers or power supplies for other items like XM radio and a air pump.

I know that the plugs are good so is there some reason that the cig lighter receptical on the truck won't work with these plugs?

Thanks.
If the lighter has been used by "Smokey the Bear" for cigs than the inside of the case may be contaminated with crud. Most lighter receptacles are made very cheaply...replace the complete lighter asm and make sure it's got a proper ground.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts