Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
"Ivey describes the church as a non-theistic faith that draws people who see tattoos, piercings and other physical alterations as ways of experiencing the divine."

I have a tattoo and there is nothing divine about it.  I experienced no enlightenments by it and it certainly didn't feel all that great when I was in the process of getting it.  These people are nuts  ::)

·
Registered
29,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pain brings enlightenment., I've been told. That's why people climb mountains, or do endurance races. They just pierce their noses and get tattoos of butterflies or tramp stamps.

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
You got all three dont your Rory.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Its all about the quest for answers,  if they find some sort of solace or enlightenment in piercing and tattooing than more power to them i guess. I also have both tattoos and piercing and found nothing more than some temporary pain and the satisfaction of self expression.  But im sure that if u do some research you may find that there are cultures out there with the same philosophy.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Dodge 85 RC said:
I have a tattoo and there is nothing divine about it. I experienced no enlightenments by it and it certainly didn't feel all that great when I was in the process of getting it.
Funny, I had the exact same result from decades of going to church.

Dodge 85 RC said:
These people are nuts ::)
Well, yeah, I really can't argue with that. :)

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
madurobob said:
Funny, I had the exact same result from decades of going to church.
I have been in churches like that...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.