Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a mid 80's Ramcharger rear bumper will fit a '85 fullsixe pickup? I wan to replace the step bumper with a chrome one like the L'il Red Express or a
Ramcharger. Would I have to make special brackets to mount it up? Thanks for any help.

G

·
It will probably bolt right up. The frames are the same width. the only thing I could think of not working is the depth to teh body but then you could redrill the brackets

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I am not 100% sure but I think the brackets are different due to the Ramcharger having a body mount right at the back. I have both down in the garage but I am too lazy to go down there. If you really need me to I could even take pictures if it is important to you.

But I do think an RC one will fit a PU, but not the other way around.

Brian

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. Pictures would help. I can make brackets is necessary. I just wasn't sure if it would fit correctly. There doesn't seem to be any bumpers that style available for the trucks and that is what I really wanted to put on. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
we've put a 70s rc step bumper on an 80s ram and that worked fine. but i tried putting a smoothy style 80s ram bumper on my 89 rc and those brackets dont match up. hope this helps ya.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts