Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post for the Oregon Board. Hope to fill this up, so get cracking!

Had

·
Registered
10,220 Posts
Maybe i will just claim Oregon since most of the members are in the Portland area..and i will be moving to the vancouver area

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
Hey Jeff! long time no see. Glad you came back around ;)

True, Loy, you will be closer to us oregonians than you will be to cheeto and Lukenukem. Perhaps you could be a member of both, and spy for us or something. ;D

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
just kidding... but we dont want those guys having more fun than us, ya know ;)

BTW, should I start IMing the oregon members that might not have heard about this board?

·
Registered
299 Posts
hardway
IMing people might not be a bad idea. I didn't know about this board until you told me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello. I don't know how active I'll be, but I'm here. If nothing else, I'm usually always on, and can get ahold of me using aol, msn, or yahoo messengers - if anyone cares to know

I have a few parts I listed in the classified ads, perhaps someone closer to home could use these, or maybe know someone who does.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm currently in the Air Force but my wife and I will be retiring in Bend OR. I really like that area looks like good 4 wheeling. :D

·
Registered
299 Posts
TqMonger said:
I'm currently in the Air Force but my wife and I will be retiring in Bend OR. I really like that area looks like good 4 wheeling. :D
Bend is a great place to retire. Althought I'm nowhere near retirement age, I almost moved to Bend a few times. It never did work out though. There is some really good 4 wheeling around Bend. I would like to get back over there in the near future, do some camping & wheeling. Anyone wanna go? Monger, when are you moving there?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
OK, just took a look at the chapters section for the first time! I don't have any drivable Dodges right now! I have a bunch of miscelaneous Dodge parts and a plan, but I'm still a ways away from roaching my Ramcharger around!

But, I do have a pretty cool Mitsu V6 4x4 pickup with pretty good ability that I wheel quite a bit. I'd probably just catch a bunch of flak for showing up in that rig! ;)

As many of you know, there is some super fun wheeling nearby in the coast range, we should do a trail ride!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Iam in oregon too just let yall know

THanks Jason

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
Craig, glad to see ya on the chapter board. I promise we wont rib ya too bad for coming in the mitsu... at least I wont. ;D

Do you always have to work the weekends?

Jason, welcome to the chapter! How often do you come down to the valley?

BTW, Craig is right, there is a lot of sweet wheeling out his way.

Ian

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Whoops, forgot to change my profile, i moved to Forest Grove about ten months ago. but I am still close to the coastal range and sand lake, etc.

I am currently looking for a mid seventies power wagon, but with my budget, I don't expect it to be much of a driver. More likely a project! I'm trying to find one of the rare crew cabs of this vintage, but they're not easy to find. Had a line on one near Salem (a nice 77 W300 crew cab) but they decided not to give it up. I keep bugging them periodically, but no dice. I'll find one eventually.

I've got some buddies from the Newport area (where I use to live) that are Dodge fanatics. One has occasional mud bogs at his property. I'll let you know when his next one will be.

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
Well, that means you're even closer to Brown's Camp!

I'll keep my eye out for a crew... are you partial to full timers, or would a 72-74 do?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I like the 75s and up due to the married transfer case. If its a W300, I won't worry about the full time deal since I can bolt a set of lockouts straight onto the D60 hubs. If its a W200, I'll be swapping in a D60 anyway. And the 203 will be swapped out for a married 205. I would even consider a club cab if its the right one.

I'm also keeping my eyes open for a cheap mid seventies trailduster or ramcharger. Mechanicals unimportant, but straight, rust free body needed.

I'll be working on cars the next few weekends (I do a bit of mechanical work on the side), but later on, we should get some Oregon folks together and hit the trails.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey, Fellow Oregon Ramchargers
I am in Corvallis going to college, I am from Hawaii but I bought my first Ramcharger 4 years ago and I am now addicted to them. The only problem is that I just tranfered to Oregon State University from Southern Oregon and now I have nowhere to work on my favorite project. I wouldn't trade my Orange beast for any chevy or ford. Nice knowing that there are Ramchargers close by.
Bryan

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Hey Bryan,

I lived on the Big Island for 8 years, mostly Kona side. Where you from? I used to do some cool wheeling over there, over some insane pahoehoe flows trying to get down to some good Opihi picking grounds! Old Ramchargers in decent shape are hard to come by in Hawaii. Did you pick up your rig here? Chok old trucks here, with little rust!

You surf? We get some pretty good waves in Oregon!

·
Registered
6 Posts
In the Roseburg area. On third RC 1983. Pretty Racy !!! Interested in meets. Eugene, Portland. Need advance notice do to job. Drive and work Federal Ambulance for VA. Love my RC though. I'll keep watching the board now.
Dickster (6)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wasn't even lookin for my beautiful blue RC when i found her it was like it was ment to be well except the day after i got the danm thin gas prices went up like 30 cents/ gallon and my wallet cried! :\'(

but o well i love her to much to get something practicle that would be no fun! ;D

Kinda random i know but i had not been to Hawaii :p

1 - 20 of 57 Posts