Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 77 power wagon (m880). and i want to put chevy dana 44 kuckles on the dodge 44 to make it part time. will this work? or did they use a slightly different set up? I know im going to run the chevy brakes and all that, Oh the chevy axle is a about a 78 i think. they are both 3/4 ton axles.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yeah, i just did that swap on my 83 RC.
everything is a direct swap, except the tierod and the brake hoses. you will have to get chevy truck brake hoses, and they will be kinda long on the dodge, so you may want to go custom with those.
and the tierod, i thought the width of the chevy axle is different, so i had the tierod shortened. well, now its too short, so try using the stock chevy tierod and let me know how it fits

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont have the stock chevy tierod, but i might be able to get one. I will find out and let you know. I was planning on doing cross over steering. Know might be the right time to do it. Thanks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
you don't need new brake hoses if you buy the right year calipers. I had two sets and one had an inlet that matched my '77 dodge hoses the other set did not. They wanted a lot for chevy brake lines so I was very glad I caught this one. Unfortunately I can't tell you which year to order, it's been too long. The other thing you might need with the chevy knuckles is the short outer axle shafts. good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts