Registered
9 Posts
8) NICE RIDE !

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how come cheeto gets all the cool toys
I've had at least one job since I was 16. I do a lot of my own work. I have lots of friends with more experience (and tools) than myself. Other than monthly living expenses, the Dakota is my only payment. My credit cards have no balance due (although a car trailer has been sneeking into my head). I worked 65 hours a week for a year to pay for my '78 project. Oh...and my girlfriend says my priorities are screwed up...yeah right! ;D

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hey cheeto i might get a dakota and want to know how big i can go. what kind of lift is that? what kidn of fender flares? how big tires are those?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trailmaster 4" front 3" rear lift. They only recommend 31" tires but my 33x12.50-15's only eat a little bit of the Bushwhacker flares when I'm gettin' a little rough off road. I've read about a guy with a 3" body lift also but my local 4X shop said the body lift wasn't available for the V8. That's okay because I personally don't like the look of a body lift. Makes the bottom of a rig look too "heavy".

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Although it would appear this truck has been forgotten, it has been pulled out of mothballs to once again save my behind. The dually is no good in snow, the purple truck should never see snow again, the Spirit I got for an inexpensive driver keeps failing emmissions, I still haven't fixed the (wrecked) Grand Cherokee I bought, and it snowed several inches here today. I sure do love this truck. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts