Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll try to keep it short (even though it never happens)

Engine: 318
Problem: Wiring from guage cluster to wire on oil pressure sensor is all kosher. I'm not sure if the sensor works and if so, exactly how it fits in the grande scheme of things. Can someone give me a simple way to check if it works. Also, a simple way to make sure the guage works. Possibly like grounding something out and the gauge jumps all the way up, just to make sure its getting juice and using it properly. Thanks guys and gals....

-pat

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
as far as i know thats how to test it but you left out one key tool.... someone to help or a big ass mirror!

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
I don't really know a way to check this stuff, except to get a new sending unit and see how it compares to the old one.
If you really want to know what you oil pressure is doing, I highly recommend a good mechanical gauge, that's the best way. An Autometer from Summit costs around $50 bucks, but is worth it. You can get a plate and mount it under the bottom edge of your dash, or a pod for your A piller. You'll never have to worry about knowing your oil pressure again.

My .02
Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts