·
Registered
21,910 Posts
Hello Dan and welcome!!!  {beer}

I prefer the term "Pennasylum", myself.  :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
New guy here, from Pittsburgh. Any locals? Also anyone have a good floor section for a '79? Just bought my truck and the floor is the only thing holding it back from the road!

Attachments

·
Registered
52,832 Posts
Welcome to the KNUTTHOUSE! {wave}

Nice looking 79. More pics please. ;D

You can get floor pans for that thing online. look here

Truck pans will work in your RC ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sure! Its a 360 full time with what I've seen referred to as "live spindles" (44 8F) with disc brake and a 9.25 rear. I don't know if it is a sno-fiter but it's definitely a factory plow truck. I have the plow as well. The sunroof and headliner I assume are add-ons.

It's been stuck in a barn for 15-20 some years, it only has 26k miles and in fairly workable condition. The foot wells and cab supports are gone though, so I was seeing if someone had a whole cab floor I could swap so I didn't have to piece everything together! ::)

Attachments

·
Registered
52,832 Posts
Cool!

Yes it's a factory plow truck.  {cool}

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah when I bought the truck I was planning on selling the plow to buy some wheels and tires (these 20 year old tires are really split!) but it wasn't until I got it home that I realized what I had. Then I was surprised again by the Dana 44 8f with disc brakes! Great truck for the price and well worth the full day it took to go get her and bring her home.

·
Registered
52,832 Posts
Check the drivers sun visor and see if it has plow instructions.  ;D

·
Registered
10 Posts
So how different are the truck cabs floor versus Ramchargers? I found a '78 cab close by but I'm really batting around between getting the cab, patch panels or just bending up some sheet metal. The cab has good glass and doors but it's much more expensive than the other options.

Would I be able to cut the whole floor off of a truck cab and have it fit right in my RC?

·
Registered
52,832 Posts
79plowdrive said:
So how different are the truck cabs floor versus Ramchargers? I found a '78 cab close by but I'm really batting around between getting the cab, patch panels or just bending up some sheet metal. The cab has good glass and doors but it's much more expensive than the other options.

Would I be able to cut the whole floor off of a truck cab and have it fit right in my RC?
floor pans are the same. $40 a piece for them. So don't waste your time cutting out old pans. Just get replacements. It's tough to "make" flat sheets fit the floor contours.

·
Registered
14 Posts
79plowdrive said:
New guy here, from Pittsburgh. Any locals? Also anyone have a good floor section for a '79? Just bought my truck and the floor is the only thing holding it back from the road!
Erie, pa here...still working on my 79'

Attachments

·
Registered
52,832 Posts
PW79 said:
Erie, pa here...still working on my 79'
Welcome to the KNUTTHOUSE! {wave}

Nice RC. {cool}

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well I want buckets, but I'm poor.  :'(  Has anyone ever took the back off of a bench seat and attach two adjustable bucket style backs to it? I'm thinkin that way I can cut the pad out of the middle of the seat and sink a lockable center console into the bench. Everything else can remain stock so it will tilt and slide forward and mount in stock holes. No need of pedestals. What do you guys think? Any idea what size tube to use to make the back frames?

·
Registered
52,832 Posts
Go to the Junk yard and get a pair of van seats. Same seat as a 79+ RC.  ;) Plus some of them recline!  :p

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
WEll its been a long while thought id check on in!!  WHATSSSSSSSSSS UPPPPPP HOW IS IT GOING??!!!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
okie dokie.. ;D

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Howdy Mike, just in time to check in before the final flush.

·
Registered
52,832 Posts
{wave}  Mikey!

301 - 320 of 325 Posts