Dodge RamCharger Central banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
its not all i want to do but im not into speed all i want is to get to the speed faster and be able to roast the tires(or tire, one wheel wounder) when i want

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
Well, nitrous will make it fast for a little while, but is not very cheap...

In fact there is no real way to go fast for cheap... unless you can find a running 383, 400, or 440 in a car that some one will sell for a few hundred,... then transplant that into your truck.

There are three basic rules to performance:
1. Performance costs money, how fast do you wanna be ?
And,
2. There is no substitute for cubic inches.
Except for
3. Cubic inches and cubic dollars.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
well dont have to worry about spare tire moron friend borowed my truck to tow his and he hooked it to the holder and riped it right off and tires i got like 7 inch wide

·
Registered
31 Posts
if thats the case then check your gear ratio , go down to 3:55 or 3:73 install a locker so both tires bite.

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
That's a sorry deal... Good Luck !

·
Registered
624 Posts
if you REALLY want to ROAST the tires...I have a deal for you...I currently have a 400 in a 73 3/4 ton club cab 2wd that with the stock exaust,2bbl carb and 3.54(?) gears and 32" tires would run fender to fender with a rustang 5.0 from 0-70...

put that 400 into your R/C with a set of 3.55 gears (I have 4 sets,one dana 44,2 9-1/4's and 1 dana60) and a set of 255/60/15(28") tires,add dual exaust(headers are optional) a 4bbl carb,and a through tune-up...and expect to make some ricers cry...

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
freak007 said:
if you REALLY want to ROAST the tires...I have a deal for you...I currently have a 400 in a 73 3/4 ton club cab 2wd that with the stock exaust,2bbl carb and 3.54(?) gears and 32" tires would run fender to fender with a rustang 5.0 from 0-70...

put that 400 into your R/C with a set of 3.55 gears (I have 4 sets,one dana 44,2 9-1/4's and 1 dana60) and a set of 255/60/15(28") tires,add dual exaust(headers are optional) a 4bbl carb,and a through tune-up...and expect to make some ricers cry...
if you really want to roast the tires, buy these parts and put them in your truck. gauranteed, that 400 with some 3.55's will roast them for you.

of course if you are still wanting cheap this may not be the best idea. what you save in performance parts by buying these you will have to spend on new tires every couple of months. ;D ;D

have a friend with this same setup, only difference is the 4bbl carb and he is full time 4wd. he can roast his tires with no problems whatsoever.

i say buy these. just my opinion.

eric

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
freak were you form in minnesota?

·
Registered
624 Posts
I am from northern minnesota,a little hole in the wall halfway between Duluth and Bemidji on hwy 2 called Grand Rapids...

what part are you from??

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
down here by hastings right next to wisonsin

·
Registered
624 Posts
ahh... I know where you are...used to go down there 1-2 times a year...

you ever come up this way at all??

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
no ive been up there like once

·
Registered
2 Posts
BigOlDodge said:
how low should i go?? and how much does it cost
If you can drive down to IL. or know someone going your way I have good 9 1/4 with 3.54 and limited slip I'd give you it needs brakes thats about it.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.