Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I want some cheap headers for my truck, but don't know which to get and where. I don't want to modify my shifter linkage either, just because I have a column shifter. Oh, it's a 318.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You didn't have to modify the shifter linkage? I ask, cause when I put headers on my big block mopar car I had to mangle and flip the linkage cause it was a column shifted automatic.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
i didn't have to modify my shift linkage with my summit brand headers on my 360....car and truck headers are very different

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just installed the Hedman Headers from Jegs on the 89 318 Ramcharger, and they fit great. Welded in an $8:00 O2 sensor bung, and it all works great. Relocated the vacuumn ball, and ran custom 3" exhaust all the way back with no cats or mufflers. It rocks !!! Get the 4 tube headers, and you'll notice the power difference. Almost seems like a big block now. :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, sounds like I'm going to do it. Do I have to get rid of the smop pump? Not that I care, but I just have to figure out the belts. Also can I put just the headers on (not the whole exhaust) without removing that ball I have on the tranny crossmember for the vacuum axle stuff?

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
you dont have to get rid of the smog pump.

if ya do, the local auto part store sells a belt that goes only on the water pump and crank shaft. completely bypassing any smog pump. no idea on p/n.

·
2,317 Posts
i got the cheap summit headers on my ramcharger, no mods except for reaming the flange bolt holes on the header flange. i have used hedmen with no problems at all. my next set will be the steps from hedmen. i agree with going with the mini starter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts