Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 85 crewcab dually, 440. My question is that all of the sudden my lights are flickering. Dash, headlight, radio, all of them. It does it at a idle pretty much all the time, but now i can sit still and rev the engine up to 3000 and hold it their and they are still flickering. Not really bad but i can see it. It never used to do this, any ideas? John

·
Registered
104 Posts
maybe this helps. my head lights would flicker and some times go out, the dash lights would go out and the turnsignal lights would come on not flash but come on(the arrows on the dash both of them)it was the ground up by the radiator support on the drivers side.it would do it idleing or driveing hit a hole in the road some times it would get worse my truck is an 84 rc.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
First thing, check all connections and grounds. If those all turn out to be ok, then check you battery to make sure its good, load test it, then check to make sure your alternator is good. If you take it to autozone or checker they can do both of those tests for you.

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
As above - check all your grounds, The neg. bat. post, the bat. to engine, bat. to rad., engine to body ground.... sounds like a grounding problem.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts