Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am putting a holley carb on my trail duster to replace the t-quad that is on there now. should i keep the charcoal canisters if i'm using the holley? i'm getting rid of all the emissions crap because once it's ready for the road it will be registered as an antique (no emissions testing). would i still need them? if so,how can i hook them up to the holley?

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
more then likely the holley doesnt' have the big nipple to hook up to the canister. so either leave it unhooked or toss it. Won't effect power having it hooked up or disconnected.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Ditch it and put a fuel line and fuel filter on the gas tank line to act as a breather so water does not get in.

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Ramman im having a hard time picturing that. could you post a link to a pic of that?

·
Registered
773 Posts
ummmm, what would happen say, if you tossed it and just stuck screws in the hoses about a year ago, you know, hypotheticaly?

·
Registered
368 Posts
elvez said:
ummmm, what would happen say, if you tossed it and just stuck screws in the hoses about a year ago, you know, hypotheticaly?
Well as far as i know the tank would not have a breather, witch i dont think would be a good thing, so you will need to put a breather on it... i mean if your had have done something like that, hypotheticly speaking...

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Take it off but keep it. It may be worth something to someone who has testing in their state.

Just because you don't have to take it in for yearly inspections doesn't mean you won't ever be stopped for a roadside visual inspection.
Those are becoming really popular up here now.

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Not yet!

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
willy J said:
Ramman im having a hard time picturing that. could you post a link to a pic of that?
Sorry about the delay. I've been at the inlaws for a few days. There is a hard metal line that comes up the frame on the passenger side that comes up just about the same area that the alternator is in. That should be the breather for the gas tank. When I ditched my charcoal canister I put some 5/16ths fuel line on that with a hose clamp and ran it up high enough with a fuel filter from a voltswagon beetle on it. I think the frame part number was like G3 but I'm not so sure. I just clamped the fuel line and tied it up high enough to prevent any water from getting in the vent line.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
I got some pics for ya'll.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
And another. I just used a cable tie to tie it to a nearby AC line til I can run it somewhere else.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts