Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that it's cooling off, I was thinking that it might be fun to have some Saturday night chapter wrenching sessions. What I mean is, when somebody is working on a project, several of us (whoever can) could get together, go over there, and pitch in.

We could have some fun wrenching, bench racing, and share some pizza and/or beverages. If somebody needs a hand say, with dropping a trans or stabbing an engine, it helps to have some extra hands and especially plenty of opinions.

Whatcha all think??

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Well, when I get the money up, I have a 4x4 727 core for my RC that I'd like to rebuild. I've worked on engines alot, but never rebuilt a transmission before. Partly because of the lack of knowledge on the interns. If any one knows of a book on mopar tranys that would have the specks, please let me know so I could buy one.

I have an 89 RC 4x4 and the trany's out of an 87. The guy said that it was slipping when he junked his RC.

I may not have all the right tools, but like I allways say "adapt, improvise, overcome"{cool}

·
Registered
343 Posts
Sounds like a good idea. Hopefully next bid I can get the weekend off. Always nice to get some input and a helping hand on a job. When I did my 440, I was doing it after work on the weekdays. I had to plan the engine install when my son got home from school.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Great idea! You think we should take AZTrailduster's apart? I've been noting some discuragement. I've had that feeling before and it aint fun. It leads to 'regreating a sale' syndrome.
I'm more of a laborer, but I'm willing! He's said it seems like all electrical, so I'm double stupid there! Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I've been working as an electrician for about 8 years, so if it's an electrical problem, I'm your man.{cool} I've been doing electrical on vehicles ever since I was, ooh, about 10 or 12 working on my dads equipment. I may not know that much about computers, but I can track down those gremlins ;D I wired up a friends radio and amps in his car. When I installed them, I sorta made them realy hard to steal ( I bolted and strapped every thing down with bolts that needed a special tool ). A couple of months later, he told me someone broke into his car and tried to steal his system. They ended up destroying everything, but they didn't get a thing. His insurance adjuster wasn't going to pay off his radio and stuff untill they came out and saw that he really did have what he said he did. After hearing that, I kinda felt proud of my self. ;)

·
Registered
423 Posts
perhaps just starting with a diagnosis? That way you know what kinda doe you need to come up with. Perhaps not much. Electrical is usually cheap, but a bear(for me anyhow!)

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
mtngoat said:
perhaps just starting with a diagnosis? That way you know what kinda doe you need to come up with. Perhaps not much. Electrical is usually cheap, but a bear(for me anyhow!)
Naawww, you just have to have the right tool and know how to use them. ;D{cool}

·
Registered
329 Posts
Count me in too, I only know a little bit about a little bit, but this could be a huge learning experience. :D Just say when.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I think this would be a great idea, especially since I don't know a damn thing about my truck or the tools I need to fix it - and it needs a few things done. So whenever you wanna get this started, let me know - I need to pull my motor out and start a rebuild.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Use me up now so I don't feel guilty about asking for help on stuffing in a big hp moter in a year or so!

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's some pics from our first one, kinda. Nick came over so we could hog out his speaker holes, Burnsie (Neuget) was here doing his Wagneer engine swap (starting it) and I am working on a spare tire carrier.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hey George, looks like midnight auto going on. Your lucky, my neighbors would freek if they saw that.

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You don't know the half of it. The local cops know me by name and greet me in the grocery store in passing. I have the cards of about every patrol cop in town as well as the city code enforcement officer.

I wore them down. I built and maintained my circle track car in the driveway. Open headers as I set the timing or broke in the cam guaranteed a visit from the local gendarmes. I got to where I sat a box of donuts on the hood before I started it.

They never cited me and all agreed I was within the law. The nasty neighbor lady finally gave up. She actually said hi to me the other day.

The 4wd stuff is a lot quieter so that gets me by. I built the Ramus in the driveway too.

·
Registered
931 Posts
How about a strip-out of the 87 RC that I am parting out?
Go to classifieds, Parts for sale, to see what is spoken for and what others have just shown an interest in. Nearly all of it is still available, less the engine and trans that I want. I have lots of Pizza, but no beer. I like to cook up the Red Baron 4 cheese pizza with my own toppings, it's really good....

·
Registered
97 Posts
AZ-Trailduster said:
i do! i do!

;D
HAHA I am going down there tomorrow,er well in a couple of hours I think. I work nights so my today/ tomorrow is the same for the day walkers. ;) Gonna do a eval on it and see everything it needs. On a Sat I have off I'll talk to my friend and see if its ok to have some people come over, Manily his dad. hehe having to work around parents makes me feel young again....

·
Registered
343 Posts
rb74440 said:
AZ-Trailduster said:
i do! i do!

;D
HAHA I am going down there tomorrow,er well in a couple of hours I think. I work nights so my today/ tomorrow is the same for the day walkers. ;) Gonna do a eval on it and see everything it needs. On a Sat I have off I'll talk to my friend and see if its ok to have some people come over, Manily his dad. hehe having to work around parents makes me feel young again....
Ya, you can't swear, smoke and drink, ;D

·
Registered
423 Posts
Here's a tip--stay out of the dad's tool box! ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well Sat we pulled the 400 swapped some parts over, and dropped the 383 in. Needless to say the engine has to come back out. The pan hits the cross member. Weird thing is the 400 had the same wrong pan on but it appeared to fit. We got the truck with no mounts so the 400 was resting on wood under the pan resting on the cross member. Oh well. If I can find a BB oil pan and piick up tube, the PWagon should be running this weekend. Any one got a pan and pick up? I thought I had a pan but it is a front sump. I guess it came from a 71 and older truck? :-[

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can help ya with most of those....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts