Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put an edelbrock manifold on my 318 with a stock 2 barrel on a 1985 w-150. I want to use the edelbrock performer manifold with a edelbrock 600 cfm 4 barrel. Do I need to change out the cam to run this carb? Just wondering because I know its a pretty big job. Is there any other manifold and carb combinations I can go with? I plan on ordering the parts from summit.

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
winrc said:
I want to put an edelbrock manifold on my 318 with a stock 2 barrel on a 1985 w-150. I want to use the edelbrock performer manifold with a edelbrock 600 cfm 4 barrel. Do I need to change out the cam to run this carb? Just wondering because I know its a pretty big job. Is there any other manifold and carb combinations I can go with? I plan on ordering the parts from summit.
no need to change cam unless you want to. the engine will run fine with that manny and carb with a little tuning

eric

·
Registered
552 Posts
i did this to my cordoba 360 before i parted with it *insert regrets and sniffles*
No cam change is necessary, but for those wanting to maximize power, edelbrock does sell matching cams. i didnt bother.
One word of advice. maybe even two.
Make sure you have the edelbrock chrysler kickdown adapter.
and..
you may need to lengthen or find another kickdown rod (the top part that actually connects to the carb)
i have a tutorial that i made (kind of crude, but you should get the idea and spend like 5bucks) if you need to make it longer.
good luck.

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Yes defintely do some planning with the kick down for sure cuz the 2bbl will not work or u wiulll need to modify it for it work it'a better to spend a little extra and do it right ...burnt up trannies aren't cheap

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
You will definitely need to address the kickdown rod for your auto tranny. You'll also need to find a new throttle cable bracket as tey are different between the 2 barrel and 4 barrel applications. I found that out on my '87 RC. Check the junk yards for the bracket and kick down rod.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.