Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know of any stores that carry these? I have the day off and I'd like to get this done, so ordering them isn't really ideal. Thanks in advance

-Nick

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Autozone or a local parts store doesn't have them? I have alwasy used bosch plugs so I am not very familar with these.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
autozone may, i'm going to have to check...i've been using bosch platinum now for about a year, and they seem to have lost their zing. i've heard nothing but good things about the champions so i figure i'll try em out.

G

·
Autozone carries them. I ran the bosch plugs for a year and then changed to the truck plugs. I liked the truck plugs better.

Chris

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
The Regular Campions have all not delivered the performance that I have expected. I did get a free set of the Champion Truck plugs and ran them in my 360 for the longest time. It was the best plug I have found in my truck. After that I've used the Bosch and liked them except they look real weird when I take them out! Have not gone back for what ever reason. Still keep running the Bosch.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I don't trust Bosch platinum 4s (if that's what everyone was talking about.) I heard that the contacts wear out and fall off into the engine, causing MASSIVE havoc, as can be expected. I was told this by my dads mechanic, and he's ASAE (??) certified, so I took his word. Go with just a normal or racing plug is what he told me, like the Champion V-powers (which we have in our Firebird with a Chevy 350)

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Champion plugs used to be all I would run. Unfortunately I went through a 2 year period a while back that at least two of the six plugs I bought were 'bad' out of the box (very weak spark--even with an MSD ignition). I switched to NGK's and now they are all I will run.

IMHO platinum plugs are a waste of money on any carburated engine. Especially when it only costs around $10-$15 to treat your truck to new non-platinum plugs every year. Most of the time, my year-old plugs are not even close to being in need of replacement. JMO

-SM

·
Registered
577 Posts
I get my Champion Truck Plugs from my local Autozone.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
When I checked about 6 months ago they did not make them for a 440 but that does not seem to apply to you.

Autozone has them, or Checker, possibly NAPA.

Mac

nnnick said:
does anyone know of any stores that carry these? I have the day off and I'd like to get this done, so ordering them isn't really ideal. Thanks in advance

-Nick

·
Registered
99 Posts
I love the Truck Champs in mine. Been running them for 5-6 months now, but not too sure about the long haul yet.

·
Registered
193 Posts
are the truck plugs for small block, big block or both?

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Werewolfdodge said:
I don't trust Bosch platinum 4s (if that's what everyone was talking about.) I heard that the contacts wear out and fall off into the engine, causing MASSIVE havoc, as can be expected. I was told this by my dads mechanic, and he's ASAE (??) certified, so I took his word. Go with just a normal or racing plug is what he told me, like the Champion V-powers (which we have in our Firebird with a Chevy 350)
I've learned that if the manufacture didnt or doesnt recomend platinum plugs dont use them. They foul out rather quickly if the ingition system isnt designed with them in mind. As far as my brand preference NGK.{bigeyes}

1 - 14 of 14 Posts