Dodge RamCharger Central banner

centerlink removal...

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  trailduster440 
#1 ·
Ok I bent the Centerlink on my 78 Trailduster. I am trying to remove it. I got the two bolts with the pins off. I got the right passenger side loose by tapping the bolt up from the bottom. The left side well thats a different story all together. I tried to remove it the same way. Is there a tool to remove this thing as it wont come loose with the hammer. I dont want to hurt my truck for sure so if there is I will go and get it. Is this thing pressed in? Need to get this done asap. If you need a picture to help with the exact thing Im talking about I will post one.
Rodney//

#4 ·
I agree with Bogie use a 5 pound sledge hammer and strike the steering knuckle were the tie-rod end goes through. Hit only the knuckle on both sides and the front. It will take multiple hits to do. Easy once you have done a couple. You may have damaged the threads on the tie-rod ends by hitting the tie-rod end from the bottom. Never hit the tie-rod end. A pickle fork will damage the seal and is not needed. If that is unclear or does not work get back to us. Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.