Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey it says to connect it to an accessory fuse. what does that mean? Which fuse should i use? i just always connected them to my radio power wires? ne help would be great!

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
All it saying is for you to wire the CB into a fuse operated by the ignition switch. You can run any hot line to the CB, just don't forget to shut off the CB when you park the truck for the night or you may find that the battery is dead by morning

Ed

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok which fuse is hot? or which one should i use?

·
Registered
535 Posts
If you lopk at your fusebox you will have places that are marked acc and ign. You will notice that you can plug a spade type terminal into those areas. Ign only gives you power when you turn the key and acc always has power. Your CB should have a good inline fuse and of course the black wire goes to a good grouind. Hope this helps!

Rod

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
umm i cant find either of those all i c is lamps, lights, and a bunch of other things like radio.
and does that mean i have to have a spade on the end of the cord power cord?

G

·
OK...the quick easy way...run wires to the battery. Make sure you use a fuse. You could leave your cb on for days without pulling the battery down.

A little more involved...the fuse marked radio (I assume by the list you have an older truck with glass fuses????) will be on with the ignition key only. Or, you can hook into the cigar lighter wiring...it might be on all the time or on with the ignition switch...it's been a while since I messed with mine.

Either way, make sure you install a fuse inline with the radio, regardless of whether it is on a fused circuit. It's fuse should be around 5 amps...mine is 7 amp, but I have modifications to my radio.

I should ask that first, what kind of cb radio are you running..some draw more power than others.

@

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its a cobra compact one

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya its got one that came with it when i bought it

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the cigarette lighter has a red and black can i just attach it to those?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
or else i have an old cb that my granpa gave me with an adapter that u just plug in to the cigar lighter should i go that route?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
or else i have an old cb that my granpa gave me with an adapter that u just plug in to the cigar lighter should i go that route?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ya thats what i ended up doing i used those little twisty things u use to connect 2 wires together that way i can always untwist them and take the cb out and put it in my other truck. o and the cigar lighter only works when the key is in accessory or whatever u call it when its half way

·
Registered
397 Posts
xXx_Dodge_Truck said:
ok which fuse is hot?
sounds like you need a simpple tester light .you can get one for under five dollars .sometimes as low as 50 cents
you can find them at wally world or any parts store .
ps
i used to live near rapids

1 - 16 of 16 Posts