Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a transmission that has the letter/number combination of C97247. Because of the PTO opening on only one side I am now (as usual) confused. Do I see an NP445 or an NP435. Relieve me of my ignorance kind and benevolent RCC gurus. Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally found a listing on the web of New Process cast numbers and it is a Dodge NP435. A different case pattern as far as PTO openings as compared to my other NP435s.

·
Administrator
62,304 Posts
Besides the tags that go missing so easily, the other way to tell what you have, is to look at the hump at the back of the drivers side. One is a lot thicker, I think it is the 445. There is some pics posted on here somewhere, but I can not find them right now. AS you now know, the 435 can come with one or two PTO openings.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
Yup, pretty much all of the later NP435s have both PTO outputs.  Not positive on when the change was though.  I think the '81 NP435 I have in the building only has one and the '88 that came in my Ramcharger has two.

·
Administrator
62,304 Posts
And my 75, and the 78 I had awhile back, both have 2.  {noclue}  I had a 76, that had 1. 

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
Weird.  I wonder what the criteria was to get the different versions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.