Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a Carter Thermo-Quad that is runnin like a champ, the only thing is, is that I have no clue if it is running right, lol. I got the rebuild kit for what I think was a Rochester and used it on the Carter. There is so many damn vac lines coming outta this thing that don't connect to anything it has me lost. So if anyone has a Carter Thermo-Quad and could post some pics about what this thing is suppose to look like it would be appreciated.

Jon

G

·
Sorry you haven't received any replies yet, Jon. I don't believe there are too many of us with ThermoQuads. I have one on my parts truck that I intend to pull off and rebuild. Just haven't gotten to it yet. I'll try to get out there with a camera and get some pics of it.

·
3,753 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,452 Posts
There is no way to use a Rochester rebuild kit on a TQ, it is completely different. On my TQ's, the large port at the center front goes to the PCV, one of the small ones goes to the distributor (the driver's side one I think), and one port in the rear goes to the choke pull-off diaphram. There is a large port near the top of the passenger side front corner that is normally connected to a charcoal canister for venting, I leave mine open. The rest are plugged. If you need pictures, let me know.

EFI is the way to go, but if you can't afford it yet, a solid TQ is a great second choice.

BTW, the TQ's biggest weakness offroad, in my experince, is the steep decents. It sometimes stutters or stalls, but mine has always fired right back up, even while still pointed down.

G

·
RamCharging440 said:
So how hard is it to convert from the carb to the fuel injection?
My RC came stock with EFI. Flake ahs been through the drill though. You might also want to check the Ramus gets EFI theread on the tech board. It is talking about building a megasquirt system for prettty cheap and its completely tuanable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts