29,344 Posts
basically if the TAG aint there you just gotta stab and steer

·
Registered
29,344 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
This one claims to be a Carter BBD. I also have a place close by that has the rebuild kits.
Font Gas Engineering Machine Auto part

No DB. Didn't see your posts until after I posted. But this backs up your answer.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Ohh my! What a beautiful truck. Brings back a lot of memories for me. I have literally thousands of hours behind that very same cockpit.
I could feel my face light up when I saw those two little yellow balls, LOL. Of all the plow controls I ever used, that full-hydro Meyer was the best by far.
My main truck was a short-bed, on purpose. I did a lot of tight driveways, and banks, and such with drive-thru's.
The maneuverability of the short wheelbase, and the speed of the full-hydro plow, was a deadly efficient pusher.
I would put the other guys in the bigger, heavier trucks, with wider plows, for cleaning parking lots. And I would go run around doing all the little stuff.
Mostly because I didn't trust those guys not to run in to stuff in tight spaces (especially my brother! LOLOLOL).
Thanks for sharing the pics! That is a damn fine truck you have there!

Reactions: 88Beater

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
most kits have enough "spare" parts that will be left over , because they fit other models . Go for a 1960's listing as yours is an early one . No rebuild will NOT stop the dampness , the only concern would be if the needle/seat was not shutting the incomming fuel OFF , or the float was a tad too high , under those circumstances I would expect to see a quanity of liquid comming out the accelerator pump slot there , if all you see is accumulated dampness , I'd call that "normal" . Also LOOK real close at the seal washer between the carb and the brass inlet , its damp too ... shows signs of leakage ...

·
Registered
681 Posts
That is a sweet truck, congratulations!!!! I believe I have that same carb on my '73 5.9/727 combo W200. Same axle setup also, I think. This one came with a snow plow from the dealer in South Dakota, but it didn't make it with the truck when it shipped from AZ, and I suspect it is not the same plow setup you have. That truck looks like it was kept in a vault for all these years.

·
Registered
29,344 Posts
[QUOTE="jcruse64, post: 3592677, member: 98992] and I suspect it is not the same plow setup you have.
[/QUOTE]

ALL pre 1977 dodge trucks came with the SAME plow setup

Reactions: 74snowfiter

·
Registered
202 Posts
[QUOTE="jcruse64, post: 3592677, member: 98992] and I suspect it is not the same plow setup you have.

[/QUOTE]

Looking at these trucks all these years the only real difference in the plow part of the package ive seen is some have two black balls on the rods that work the plow, and some have one black and one yellow..

·
Registered
29,344 Posts
Looking at these trucks all these years the only real difference in the plow part of the package ive seen is some have two black balls on the rods that work the plow, and some have one black and one yellow..
[/QUOTE]

all the ones up in these parts are two yellow ones

Reactions: 74snowfiter

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Sno-fiters used Meyers plows. W600s used Western. Not sure about Sno-commanders, which is what came about after a legal battle over the Sno-fiter name.

Bucky

·
Registered
202 Posts

all the ones up in these parts are two yellow ones
[/QUOTE]

Ya thats funny. If you check on the web most seem to have two black ones. Mine has a black and a yellow. We got the truck in 76 [its a 74] so they could have been changed, but it only had a few thousand miles when we got it, and it only has 20k now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
That is a sweet truck, congratulations!!!! I believe I have that same carb on my '73 5.9/727 combo W200. Same axle setup also, I think. This one came with a snow plow from the dealer in South Dakota, but it didn't make it with the truck when it shipped from AZ, and I suspect it is not the same plow setup you have. That truck looks like it was kept in a vault for all these years.
Thank you! I hope to preserve this truck the best that I can.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I seem to recall the one my dad drove had 2 yellow knobs. The truck was less than 2 years old.

Bucky

61 - 75 of 75 Posts