Dodge RamCharger Central banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
29,328 Posts
It’s the light switch for the the plow lights
my 1974 Sno Fiter and my old 1978 TD had the switch right next to the H/L switch

even thought the plows were "factory" they were dealer installed [ it was a shipping thing ] and all the plow stuff came in a BIG box in the bed of the truck , and then the dealer installed them , thats just where THAT tech decided to put that switch on that day

by the way welcome to the site / l usually catch members on the 2nd or 3rd post to welcome them , but with George drooling all over your truck [ dont forget to wash it LOL 🤪 ] and the fact that your an OLD hand already with 23 posts

dont know if you have a FSM or not but l have them for sale and on my web site l have the wiring diagrams for FREE

www.dodgeboys.net

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
my 1974 Sno Fiter and my old 1978 TD had the switch right next to the H/L switch

even thought the plows were "factory" they were dealer installed [ it was a shipping thing ] and all the plow stuff came in a BIG box in the bed of the truck , and then the dealer installed them , thats just where THAT tech decided to put that switch on that day

by the way welcome to the site / l usually catch members on the 2nd or 3rd post to welcome them , but with George drooling all over your truck [ dont forget to wash it LOL 🤪 ] and the fact that your an OLD hand already with 23 posts

dont know if you have a FSM or not but l have them for sale and on my web site l have the wiring diagrams for FREE

www.dodgeboys.net
Thank you! Seems like you have a ton of info. It’s very helpful since these trucks were much lower sales volume

·
Administrator
60,434 Posts
I have never put one of those stickers on any truck I owned haha
I got busted for not having one back in the early 80's. But it was a local cop that did not like me.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
When we lived in Pueblo, Co. my dad's company truck was a 74 W200 Sno-fiter. It was blue. I don't recall what engine or transmission, I was just a 1st grader then. I do remember that yellow blade & the lights mounted above it. And the knobs.

Bucky

·
Registered
29,328 Posts

·
Administrator
60,434 Posts
Yes, that is the older style Carter BBD. The kit for a 73 dodge carter BBD, will work.

The intsructions are generally good. W get a gallon of carb cleaner, they come with a basket, so you take the carb apart, and let the parts soak overnight. then scrub any parts with an old tooth brush. A can of the air cleaner for keyboards and such, helps to clean out the passages.

Pay attention to the float level, that could be some of the gas on the top. But like DB says, some is normal.

·
Registered
29,328 Posts
yup the gasket wears out them gas spills out , it aint a BIG deal unless it bothers you
Saw Automotive tire Asphalt Motor vehicle Font

Reactions: Ironbuilt

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Yea, thats what I was referring to with the small drive shaft. Not sure how up you were on all the terms. I also try to word things so others can learn from reading these posts.

looks like a factory snow plow setup.

Likely a 60, or 73 amp alt. Look for a round tag on one of the bolts that hold it together.

I grew up in central Pa, then moved to Colorado a tad over 10 years ago.
I hear your gov just got married.

·
Administrator
60,434 Posts
I hear your gov just got married.
I did not vote for him. We get the govt we vote for, We have Denver to thank for all the votes. The rest of the state doe not have enough people to overcome denver. And the flip is true, Denver does not even know there is any Colorado outside Denver.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
agreed , the little gas stains on yours is "normal" for that year carb , which by the way is the ones I like ... just do not turn the brass nut when you install the steel inverted flair fuel line , it IS the float seat .

·
Registered
200 Posts
That is interesting, remember the plow could come on 1/2 tons, and later RC's and TD's. they got a D44 rated for 4000 lbs, instead of the 3500. I have not found anything different with the actual axle. The 3/4 tons were the same, unless they ordered it with the D70. But snow plow just gave a slightly higher rating for the font likely stronger springs.
My 74 snofiter half ton has a higher weight rating in the front then the rear. I dont have the numbers on me right now, but its got a big ol, spring pack up there!!

Shes a sweet truck! Im thinking that switch is for the plow lights, or for a beacon on the roof. My low mile 74 has labels on the aux light switch, and hand throttle, but as was said, I bet every dealer did it a bit different. Wish mine was that clean!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
agreed , the little gas stains on yours is "normal" for that year carb , which by the way is the ones I like ... just do not turn the brass nut when you install the steel inverted flair fuel line , it IS the float seat .
Very interesting. Shouldn't be of concern that gas is leaking down onto the engine?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I did not vote for him. We get the govt we vote for, We have Denver to thank for all the votes. The rest of the state doe not have enough people to overcome denver. And the flip is true, Denver does not even know there is any Colorado outside Denver.
Same goes for Seattle.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Thanks for the pic. Would the rebuild kit stop the leak?
You might try lowering the float level just a bit when you rebuild it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Can anyone confirm that the 2303 number on the carb is correct for this truck? I'm looking at some rebuild kits and theres literally hundreds of different carb numbers for the BBD carbs. How specific are these model numbers?

·
Administrator
60,434 Posts
No, that is just a casting number.

Look for a number stamped on one of the corners, front or back, I do not recall which.

Blue Green Fluid Motor vehicle Gas

41 - 60 of 75 Posts