Dodge RamCharger Central banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I'm surprised a plow truck didn't get the 70 front.

Bucky

·
Administrator
60,453 Posts
The transfer case is divorced as well.
Yea, thats what I was referring to with the small drive shaft. Not sure how up you were on all the terms. I also try to word things so others can learn from reading these posts.

looks like a factory snow plow setup.

Likely a 60, or 73 amp alt. Look for a round tag on one of the bolts that hold it together.

I grew up in central Pa, then moved to Colorado a tad over 10 years ago.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yea, thats what I was referring to with the small drive shaft. Not sure how up you were on all the terms. I also try to word things so others can learn from reading these posts.

looks like a factory snow plow setup.

Likely a 60, or 73 amp alt. Look for a round tag on one of the bolts that hold it together.

I grew up in central Pa, then moved to Colorado a tad over 10 years ago.
Thanks for the info. And yeah I’m in NEPA. Not much changed out here lol

·
Administrator
60,453 Posts
I'm surprised a plow truck didn't get the 70 front.

Bucky
That is interesting, remember the plow could come on 1/2 tons, and later RC's and TD's. they got a D44 rated for 4000 lbs, instead of the 3500. I have not found anything different with the actual axle. The 3/4 tons were the same, unless they ordered it with the D70. But snow plow just gave a slightly higher rating for the font likely stronger springs.

·
Administrator
60,453 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Any random,
That is interesting, remember the plow could come on 1/2 tons, and later RC's and TD's. they got a D44 rated for 4000 lbs, instead of the 3500. I have not found anything different with the actual axle. The 3/4 tons were the same, unless they ordered it with the D70. But snow plow just gave a slightly higher rating for the font likely stronger springs.
it does have a 5 leaf stack in the front.

·
Administrator
60,453 Posts
If you think about it, get the weights off the drivers door. It will be something like front axle 4000lbs, rear axle 5500 lbs, and GVRW 9000 lbs.

·
Administrator
60,453 Posts
You know you are missing the weight class sticker in the windshield? or did Pa do away with that?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
If you think about it, get the weights off the drivers door. It will be something like front axle 4000lbs, rear axle 5500 lbs, and GVRW 9000 lbs.
Will do. If there’s anything else random, interesting, or out of the ordinary with these trucks let me know. I love leaving about them. From what I’ve gathered 72-3 were a tad different from the rest of the 1st body styles

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Will do. If there’s anything else random, interesting, or out of the ordinary with these trucks let me know. I love leaving about them. From what I’ve gathered 72-3 were a tad different from the rest of the 1st body styles
72-73 had different grill than later models. 72-74 had different instrument panel & I think the u-bolts on the front axle may have been inverted, at least on the D44. Plus in cab gas tanks, drum brakes & those divorced 205 tcases.

Also they were intended to run on leaded gasoline.

Bucky

·
Administrator
60,453 Posts
The in cab tanks were used up to 77, nut not on all the trucks. I have a 77 with one, and another with the between the frame tank. 73 and 74, you could get dual tanks, (one of each), and they both filled by the in cab filler, cool as hack setup.
What is the white switch next to the steering column? to switch the headlights? I thought it was mounted by the headlight switch.

·
Administrator
60,453 Posts
Also looks like the old oil bath style air cleaner.

I do not see anything that is not original, like it just came off the showroom floor.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
The in cab tanks were used up to 77, nut not on all the trucks. I have a 77 with one, and another with the between the frame tank. 73 and 74, you could get dual tanks, (one of each), and they both filled by the in cab filler, cool as hack setup.
What is the white switch next to the steering column? to switch the headlights? I thought it was mounted by the headlight switch.

It’s the light switch for the the plow lights

·
Registered
989 Posts
You know you are missing the weight class sticker in the windshield? or did Pa do away with that?
I have never put one of those stickers on any truck I owned haha

·
Registered
29,344 Posts
here is the link to the Carb rebuild instructions l posted

Reactions: Ironbuilt
21 - 40 of 75 Posts