Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! New here I've been looking through the threads for tech info. I recently bought a 73 W200 with a 318 and a Carter 2bbl, 4 speed. The accelerator pump has been leaking and has a slow drip onto the intake manifold. I am looking to replace this but I can't seem to find an exact part number. I see a bunch of edelbrock parts but I am not sure if they will work. I'd appreciate any help as I'm a bit of a novice mechanic.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Plant

·
Administrator
60,450 Posts
Just pickup a rebuild kit from the parts store. But first, post up a pic of your carb, and we can tell if it is a carter, or if someone swapped it out for something else.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just pickup a rebuild kit from the parts store. But first, post up a pic of your carb, and we can tell if it is a carter, or if someone swapped it out for something else.

Awesome! Thanks I’ll take a pic in the morning when it’s light out.

·
Administrator
60,450 Posts
Welcome to RCC. That is a damm nice truck. Feel free to tell us more about it.

·
Administrator
60,450 Posts
Ohh yea, and we love to look at pictures.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ohh yea, and we love to look at pictures.
I’m the 2nd owner! 1st purchased it in 1973 right out of highschool. 63k original miles. Only thing that has been replaced was the box I believe in 92 or 3. He had the camper option that came with the little tool box in the passenger side bed and he said it rusted out even with regular maintenance. Everything else except the exhaust seems to be original. I just put a true dual on from LMC truck. The Meyers plow mount has been on from day 1 as well.

·
Administrator
60,450 Posts
That is sharp looking.

I had a 76 with that little box, thought it was cool. How long have you had the truck?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi everyone! New here I've been looking through the threads for tech info. I recently bought a 73 W200 with a 318 and a Carter 2bbl, 4 speed. The accelerator pump has been leaking and has a slow drip onto the intake manifold. I am looking to replace this but I can't seem to find an exact part number. I see a bunch of edelbrock parts but I am not sure if they will work. I'd appreciate any help as I'm a bit of a novice mechanic. View attachment 620543
Tires are General 235/85r16
I believe it’s a Dana 44 front with open knuckles and a Dana 60 rear. NP435 transmission, 4.10 rear gears, Warn locking hubs I have the original owners manuals too

·
Administrator
60,450 Posts
That hump for the transmission is different then any I have seen. When you get a chance, can you get more pics of the hump and floor?

Yes, looks to have the Dana 44 front, Dana 60 rear, would have the NP205 transfercase with a small drive shaft between the trans (NP435) and transfer case.

Is that a PA plate on the silver chebby? We have a few active members out there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What do you think of that LMC exhaust?
So far I like it. It was easy to install. It’s kind of weird however. After the cab the header pipes bend and the mufflers are between the body and frame on both sides. I have side exits behind the wheel wells and the pipe runs between the rear tire and leaf stack. I could take a pic of that tomorrow too. But that could be avoided if you do the exit before the rear wheel well. Overall it’s a quiet exhaust which I like but sounds good especially when you get on it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That hump for the transmission is different then any I have seen. When you get a chance, can you get more pics of the hump and floor?

Yes, looks to have the Dana 44 front, Dana 60 rear, would have the NP205 transfercase with a small drive shaft between the trans (NP435) and transfer case.

Is that a PA plate on the silver chebby? We have a few active members out there.
Yep Pennsylvania it is!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

The transfer case is divorced as well.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts