Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
LOL you can get cheaper insurance by providing the data with their "plug in tool " as well , on star , or a cell phone has all the info as well , yeah ,  big brother ain't just watching anymore ..... send in your stool samples , ... LOL

·
Registered
432 Posts
I wonder if, when I get a new truck, I’ll get a lot of raised eye brows when they see my average highway speed.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
ya need to post the speedo on facebook , then someone will notice ...

·
Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
7,204 Posts
I'd pull the fuse to that feature to disable it if possible (if I was ever dumb enough to buy a new vehicle in the first place). I used to rebuild damaged vehicles from our government controlled insurance company (actually, it is better than private insurance companies believe it or not) but every once in a while the insurance agents would come by mine and my partners shop and scan the air bag module in a car that we purchased from them because of someone later suing the insurance company for damages or injuries, but they would scan the module for the last recorded loop of the module. You see, the air bag module in all cars with an air bag also doubles as a "black box" if you will. The agents told me as they are retrieving the information that they can tell how fast the vehicle was travelling and how many G's the vehicle suffered in the impact. They also told me that they can tell if the turn signal was used and brake applications. I would always be driving one of my finished vehicles around with my dealer plate on but I would always pull the air bag fuse so it couldn't record my driving habits. The light in the dash would go on without the fuse in but so what. It goes off when you put the fuse back in. Also It would keep the bags from going off if I accidentally hit something. Lol. Keeps the repair costs down in case. Lol. They have been spying on you since the late 90's early 2000's. Your cellphone is also a massive tracking device. They can even listen to your conversations with your phone in your pocket. But this is all child's play  - Just wait till 5G gets rolling. Checkmate. Game over.

·
Administrator
62,294 Posts
Canadian country boy said:
They have been spying on you since the late 90's early 2000's. Your cellphone is also a massive tracking device. They can even listen to your conversations with your phone in your pocket. But this is all child's play - Just wait till 5G gets rolling. Checkmate. Game over.
Do not need 5g, they can track all your movements now. People willingly download the apps, and let them send all kinds of data back. People would freak out if the government did it, but have no issues with unregulated private companies collection data covering every bit of their lives.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/12/19/opinion/location-tracking-cell-phone.html

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
the things that you "talk to "  to turn stuff on or off or whatever MUST be constantly listening for you to "say" their name and give instructions .... people thing their only on/listening AFTER you say their name , but how'd they hear their name said if they weren't listening ...  the autos pcm ( the main one ) also has all that brake , T/S signal , speed , wheel skid etc info , you pulling your own leg pulling the air bag fuse .... but .... most new autos features are tied into its operation and can only be thwarted if doing so is "allowed " by programing or the auto will not function .......... hell try stopping the door chime .....

·
Administrator
62,294 Posts
If the car was ever financed, there is a good chance there is a tracker installed somewhere in the car.

·
Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
7,204 Posts
PowerWagonPete said:
Got one of them thar "smart" meters on your house yet, CCB? ;D
I live in a small apartment type of place now that I'm in a wheelchair, so yes i do. I'm surrounded by Wi-Fi. I bought a house 5 years prior to my crash and I wouldn't let them on my property to swap it out. They harassed me constantly right up to losing my home. I didn't care. I just told them to F off every time they bugged me. Most everyone I know just let them do it. So many zombies. They'll just do anything they're told to do. I always ask those people: "if someone told ya to jump off a bridge - would ya do it?!?

·
Super Moderator
7,204 Posts
SuperBurban said:
Do not need 5g, they can track all your movements now. People willingly download the apps, and let them send all kinds of data back. People would freak out if the government did it, but have no issues with unregulated private companies collection data covering every bit of their lives.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/12/19/opinion/location-tracking-cell-phone.html
They/we totally don't need 5G, but it's coming whether we like it or not because it's actually a weapon. Not just a digital network. A weapon for ANYONE with big money to use. A weapon to gain information in seconds, a weapon to injure, a weapon to kill, a weapon to destroy, a weapon to monitor and control. It's insane what's coming in the way of technology. Most people have no clue what awaits them. I'm scared shitless to tell you the truth.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
its today's people , mostly much younger than I , and how " they"  think . a fella goes to the aspca (? dog place ..)
he gets told he is TOO old to adopt a dog .. So lets see , an elderly guy needs a companion , but , he may not "properly care " for the dog  so it sucks to be him ......    The stray dog is more important than the elderly man ? 
me ?  I suggest the folks there need a swift kick in the ass , after the dope slap . to hell with the dog , let the old fella have it , it would make his last days much better , and be loved untill it wasn't possible .but nooo not in today's world ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.