Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this 82 Ramcharger.It idles so low that it almost shuts off and has stalled out on a few occasions.It also has smoke rising from inside the carb when i shut it off and it chugs for a split second before it actually turns off.I also here a ticking sound that gets faster when I hit the fuel pedal.Any ideas on how to remedy this?

The speedometer is also not working, is it usually the cable that goes bad or the gauge itself?

·
Registered
29,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a Holley carb, but i do not know which model and I'm pretty sure its a 318.

Im not a carb tuner either. The "ticking" noise is prominent on the drivers' side of the truck and seems to be coming from the carb.For a split second when you press down on the gas pedal it sounds kind of like whooshing air and if you take the air clean er off while its running it sounds like a furnace inthe carb, you know like alot of shit burning and on fire.didnt see any flames though just the smoke when i shut it off. I drove it 100 miles from NJ and twice to work and it has alot of power no problemthere but it still does not seem right. I dont know how else to describe it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts