Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday a friend whom is a mechanic rebuilt my 4 barrel on my 318 that was running alright. But now it has some really weird idling issues. Anyways after spending like 3 hours after work each of the past two days we still can't get her to run correctly. We've checked all the vac. lines to get them were they should be connected(All are correct). Now it's got new plugs, air filter, and a fuel filter. And even after adjustment. she still runs pretty crappy. The worst downside is if you take your foot off the throttle. It'll slowly over 2 or 3 seconds keep idling lower in the rpm's. Until stalling. Any ideas on what might be wrong? He already took the carb apart again to recheck everything. We kinda think a spring is mis-connected on the throttle cable side. And we've got the idle set where it usually is.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm running dual carb return springs (one inside the other) off the a/c bracket on a 440. Did your mechanic check the play at the throttle shaft? That could be a nightmare. Unless you have a new problem it sounds like the carb is the still the issue. You may have to double check to make sure the rebuild kit came with the correct parts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, thanks guys
still having issues with the carb.

Yes the idle/air was checked and adjusted. As of now it seems to be something sticking on the carb. Or the choke is mis set etc. I'll keep you guys informed as to what happens.

Thanks

As for the throttle I had 2 springs already on mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.