Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had any luck using a 2 to a 4 barel adapter... ???Got a 85 318 /999 that the carb is goofy.... could get a 4 barel carb easier than a 2...

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, never mind on the adapter.. I pulle the carb apart & found the problem.. Somebody had the charcole canister hooked up to this carb at one time... it was full & stopped up with the charcole.... Cleaned it out & it runs great!!!! ;D

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had the same problem(twice) I pulled the hose off of the bowl vent .It was connected to the cannister. I figured it sucked the charcoal media thru the bowl vent..I hate emissions that cause problems!!!!!!!!!!! good luck!!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Outside of the charcoal in there.. the carb looks like it was pretty clean.. But I can certainly see where that would have caused some problems.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the carb was supposed to be NEW.. but the last owners couldn't make it run right (DUH) so thats why i got the r/c so cheap.. (300).. so after 2 cans of cleaner & full dis-assembly runs great... currently this engine / tranny are being used to bulid a funny lookin critter.. 85 p/u cab is on the r/c frame... looks soo funny...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts