Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any experience or first hand knowledge of these actually working? If so, what size (1",2") or style (4 hole, single hole) works best?

I have a stock 360 with a Carter AFB 4 bbl.

Thanks

Ed

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
these are a DEFINITE test & see item. It's not somethign we can tell you will work on your engine or not. In theroy, the increased volume will help higher rpm power.

But, it can weaken the signal to the carb too.....and that depends on the condition of yer carb.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well, what those spacers claim to fame is that they create better fuel atomization...... In which they really do that. But, 9 times out of ten, the gain is minimal at best. The best thing to do is after you install it, it wouldn't be a bad idea to see if you can advance the timing a little bit. Usually, the better fuel atomization creates a much better burn and you can advance the timing a few degrees with no ill effects. But proper engine tune, fuel octane, and engine condition all play a role in that. IMO- they're only $20-$30, give it a whirl.......

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
i had a 1in 1 hole spacer on my 318 with an AFB and it seemed to make it run wierd. i went back to my small spacer plates and it ran fine (as well as i can on 5 cyls). throttle responce seemed a little slow but this was on my sleeper car and not my truck so you may get different results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.