Dodge RamCharger Central banner

carb question

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  macario 
#1 ·
i have a holly 750 on my rc and it is shot i want to get a new one but an unsure what i want to get a holly or edelbrock and what size also i was thinking about a remanufactured carb any help or sugestions would be great

#4 ·
I have had the stock 4 brl rochester and had no problems not even while wheelin I like it alot
ken

G
#7 ·
I'm running an Edelbrock 1405 on my 440 which is the manual choke 600 CFM carb. After getting it dialed in for my altitude it runs great. It runs $219.99 at Autozone. The Edelbrock 1406 is the electric choke 600 CFM and the 1407 is the 750 CFM manual choke Edelbrock. They both run $259.99 at Autozone.

#8 ·
Like wycowboy says, once you jet the 1405 or 1406 for your altitude, and dial the rest in the carb works great. It is enough cfm. If you do buy an Edelbrock, call a good speed shop in your area and ask them what jets they recommend for your area and if they are good they can tell you. That is what I did. There is a formula for figuring it out or you can do trial by error but I went with the experience of others and cut down on the time spent dialing it in.

wycowboy said:
I'm running an Edelbrock 1405 on my 440 which is the manual choke 600 CFM carb. After getting it dialed in for my altitude it runs great. It runs $219.99 at Autozone. The Edelbrock 1406 is the electric choke 600 CFM and the 1407 is the 750 CFM manual choke Edelbrock. They both run $259.99 at Autozone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.