Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, once again my truck runs--through no fault of mine.

After stalling out on me yesterday, it decided, after lots of cranking, to fire up this morning.

I thought maybe it was the fuel pump, so I disconnected the fuel filter and cranked it a few times and it spurted gas intermittently (that's how a mech. fuel pump should act, right?)

I disconnected the fiel line from the carb and nothing ran out... so I thought maybe it was clogged, but air passed through both ways--wide open--no problem. But it was bone dry. Shouldn't it have had gas in the line? Or would that flow back down into the filter? Could it be a problem in the carb--not keeping fuel in the bowl, then it sucks it dry & stalls?

Anyway after a lot of cranking to get the fuel up the line to the carb, it fired up and ran fine for the short trip to work.

HELP--- I'm bum-fuzzled.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
A put a gauge on that fuel line see what press that pump is pushing it may be your pump or put your finger over it, i can't explain how it should feel, put a gauge on it

·
Registered
926 Posts
How long have you owned the truck? I have the same truck with the same problem. I fixed it by adding an electric pump before the mechanical pump. Now I run the electric pump till the clicking stops and it starts right up with the use of the manual choke I akso added,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts