Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To All,

I've got an 87 RC, with a 318 and the 2bbl carb. I've been thinking about replacing the stock intake manifold and carb, and would like to get some suggestions. It's a daily driver for me right now, so I'm ideally looking for something that will not kill my gas mileage too much, but will give me a decent power and efficiency increase. In addition, I live in a polution controlled county where I live (VA), and need to try and maintain decent emissions (though I'm not sure how much they analyze a truck that's almost 20 years old). Any help that anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.

Pete

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Fill out your fields correctly so you don't have to add (VA) in the post

You can use a edel performer intake with a 725 cfm road demon # GPT-4402020ve or 725 cfm road demon # GPT-6402020ve

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
what about aftermarket fuel injection? with how affordable it has become i probably would not recommend a carb anymore. you could probably even get a setup that would work pretty good with the stock intake if needed. both summit and jegs even have $50 off offers right now and there is a $100 rebate from fitech so it would probably only cost you abut twice what a carb would cost you but would likely give you a bit better performance and about the best fuel economy that you might get with a truck this size.

·
2013 Ram 1500 2014 Challenger SXT
2,290 Posts
This is a 14 yr old topic.Start a new one to find your information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.