Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I sold my good looking for it's age 83 W-150, and bought a ugly but less temperamental 95 2500 4x4(I'm not knocking gen 2 looks it's just super rusty). I have heard that you can put a carb air cleaner on the magnum efi motors(and I already have one of those).
My question is will a GM TBI S shaped stem work, or do I have to custom bend one? I tried to order the Spectre one made special for Dodge, but Jegs gave me my money back and said it's no longer available.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
what I've done / seen  the magnum air filter housing fits a 4 bbrl carb ( eddy ) just fine , so I would assume the reverse is also true , a 4 bbrl carb housing will fit the '95 air throttle , all take the same filter element . The rod is centered . 

·
Super Moderator
29,791 Posts
It would fit but how well it works would depend on if there are any sensors in the air intake or stock air cleaner.  I had a TBI truck that used a typical chrome carb air cleaner and it disabled the airflow through the computer that was keeping it cool and potentially hastened the death of the SBEC.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
thats correct.  92-96 v6 and v8 dakotas , 92- 93 rams and vans

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.