Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a 78 318 in my r/c right now. Its ready to blow. i just picked up a late 80's Early 90's 318. my question is.. will the fuel injected engine work for me? Will i be able to put my mechanical fuel pump on with out changing anything. Will my Intake bolt right onto that engine? what else will i have to change? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
29,723 Posts
the intakes are different / the bolts go in at a different angle / Mother Mopar makes a four Bbl intake for this / its exspensive / you hafta change the timing cover to put the fuel pump on

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
If its a TBI then you can change manifolds no problem. They didn't change the bolt angles till the magnum engines. I thought the TBI engines didn't have provision for a fuel pump but was told they do. I would pull the front cover off and see. May have to add the eccentric.

G

·
Everything will swap out. I just peered into the timing cover of my '89 318, and there is no fuel pump eccentric in place, but can be added easily. It'd be a good idea to put a fresh timing set on, and the eccentric is right there as well. The timing cover of all pre-Magnum engines retained the mechanical fuel pump opening, they just had a cover bolted on with the TBI models.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys, im not sure what im gonna do yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts