Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up some nice seats from a 95 caravan to put in my 79 RC. I have a general idea of how I am going tovdo it, butvI know some others have already done it so may have good insight. SkySho has a post where he said he submitted a how to, but it isn't available in that section. He also provided a link to instructions, but that link is broken. Messaged him to see if he could send them, but it appears he hasn't been active in awhile. Anyone ever get those instructions that could email them to me? Primarily interested in the adapter/mounting rig he made so they fit on the original pedestals.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another question. I am thinking that bolting a plate on each side to the original seat mount holes, and then having new holes in place for the new seat to bolt to on those plates will work. Question is what gauge steel will be strong enough to support 250 pound person plus weight of seat without bending, and that will also not have the bolts rip through in the case of an accident? I would put large washers in place to distribute the force. Attached are pics of the passenger base, and the bottom of the new seat. The square holes in the new seat are where the bolts go. There is about 1 1/2" difference in the width of how the old seats vs the new seats mount. I also will probably need to put some spacers on to compensate for the raised part at the back of the base.
Grille Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wood Automotive exterior

Gas Metal Composite material Bumper Automotive tire

·
Registered
32,080 Posts
l used cheap 1 inch square box tubing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts